3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

SunL SLA90 need wiring info

Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SunL SLA90 need wiring info

my friend brought his kids sun l today it sat outside and was running before the bike got vandalized and they messed up the harness...
Now the bike has no spark sooo.. we pulled the old harness pieces out and im trying to build a new harness and eliminate lights ect...
.. i could not find and schematics for this so we tried to make a new harness im kind of lost as to why i cant get a spark have i missed something or is there a way to check each component to figure out where the issue is

this is what i came up with so far
the stator has outputs of
yellow - white - green - blue/white - black/red

the cdi is black w green plug and is configured like this
1 2 3 1red 2grey3black
4 5 4orange 5blue

the voltage reg has wires
yellow - white - red - green

the start and kill switch was messed up but we can salvage start button.
yellow/green - yellow/red - black/white - green

i really dont care about the charging system i just want to start by getting spark
i need a little help to build the new harness and where to start so far
we have
stator yellow to reg yellow
stator white to reg white
stator green to green ground on harness
stator blu/wht to cdi blue
stator blk/red to cdi red
cdi grey to coil blk/yellow
cdi blk tied to coil green and rest of grounds

i have a question as to where the orange wire from cdi should go and is this why i get no spark.. can anybody help me out here or have a wiring diagram to use for this bike

Old 07-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll embed my comments in blue...

Is this a 4 stroke or a 2 stroke?

Is this a picture of you CDI?

Name:  50cc-cdi.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  19.2 KB

Originally Posted by rollingmenace
my friend brought his kids sun l today it sat outside and was running before the bike got vandalized and they messed up the harness...
Now the bike has no spark sooo.. we pulled the old harness pieces out and im trying to build a new harness and eliminate lights ect...
.. i could not find and schematics for this so we tried to make a new harness im kind of lost as to why i cant get a spark have i missed something or is there a way to check each component to figure out where the issue is

this is what i came up with so far
the stator has outputs of
yellow [Battery Charge 1] - white [Battery Charge 2] - green [ground] - blue/white [Timing Trigger] - black/red [AC Ignition Power]

the cdi is black w green plug and is configured like this
1 2 3 1red 2grey3black
4 5 4orange 5blue

[I'm not understanding this. I'm wondering why are the CDI colors so different from everything else, which uses generic standard colors. Are these colors you are reporting in the main wiring harness, or some sort of pigtail wire to the CDI which is not the same as the one pictured above?]

the voltage reg has wires
yellow - white - red - green [These are standard colors]

the start and kill switch was messed up but we can salvage start button.
yellow/green - yellow/red - black/white - green [The start button has two wires on it. Perhaps this is the ignition switch? ]

i really dont care about the charging system i just want to start by getting spark [You will eventually willhave to care about this since you need to keep your battery charged up while your riding, but I agree that this can be delayed until you get spark]

i need a little help to build the new harness and where to start so far
we have

stator yellow to reg yellow [OK]
stator white to reg white [OK]
stator green to green ground on harness[OK]
stator blu/wht to cdi blue[OK]
stator blk/red to cdi red[OK]
cdi grey to coil blk/yellow [No... I think this is the kill switch connection (grey) and should be left open to get spark]
cdi blk tied to coil green and rest of grounds [OK]

i have a question as to where the orange wire from cdi should go and is this why i get no spark.. [I think this is the wire to go to the coil] can anybody help me out here or have a wiring diagram to use for this bike [I looked, I don't have a wiring diagram for this quad]
I'm wondering about the weird colors for the CDI, when everything else seems to be generic standard. Is this a performance CDI perhaps with a pigtail cable?

Old 07-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS LynnEdwards...
the cdi is one like you pictured... its a four stroke... as far as colors for the cdi not matching is is just a funky pigtail on the pinned connector....

I had the kill switch wire and the coil wire flipped around... i changed the wires and i got spark right away.... threw some gas in the tank a little choke and she fired right up... i was surprised at how fast this little sucker is especially me being 230lbs it carried me around at a pretty decent clip.... i set the throttle stop popped a helmet on em and the kids were off and riding....

Thanks Lynn for taking the time to help me out with my issues u are truly a gentleman and a scholar.......Zach

Old 07-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Your welcome for the help.

I'm glad you got it running!