1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Kazuma 50cc 4 wheeler. full battery, no power

Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 50cc 4 wheeler. full battery, no power

My son was riding his 50cc. After riding about 1.5 hour it died. was running fine the it started to dog out more and more until dead, like the battery died. The battery has full power. There is power to the key, How do i test the key. its a 6 wire system.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

so it cranks? is that right? ******* out.......? was it bogging down when you gave it more throttle? please explain in more detail. if it is bogging down when you give it more throttle, i would say you got a fuel delivery issue and need to pull the jets out of the carb and clean them. BUT, in the meantime, please explain in more detail. thanks.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Trailblazer

it does not crank, no lights turn on, the battery reads 12.46v I can find power at key switch on the red wire but no where else on the 4wheeler.. as fars as the bogging, slowly over about 15 min it went from normal rev to dead. he was riding it, i do not know the exacts of it. all i know i am the 1 that needs to fix and 4 wheelers are not my thing. My son is 6 so info is limited.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

does it have an inline 7amp fuse at the battery? if so, is it still good or blown? did you happen to check the quick connects on the wiring harness and on the backside of the keyed ignition? sometimes those will come apart while riding.
now the bogging down slowly.....i'm wondering if the fuel tank is vented through the cap or a hose on the cap. hmmm...
now, please check that the brake light/switch works off of the left handlebar. that's a safety interlock that must be satisfied in order to crank the engine. in other words, engage the brake and crank. this is so the kids don't stand by the quad, start it and something is wrong with the throttle and the quad runs them over inadvertantly.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

also, double check the rear tether kill that's at the rear of the quad or just under the seat. if applicable.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

there is no power to anything. the break light will not light. the rear kill looks ok. fuse is good. Im trying to do a power trace and I dont know what wires on the back of the key switch go to or what position on the key connects what wires. Fuel cap does have a center vent tube, lost it last year and replaced it then. ,, when you turn the key on, noting happens, no lights, to turn over, nothing.. I think it might be the key but i dont know how to test. is there a diagram or something you might know of?

Old 07-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

preliminarily, sounds like a wiring issue. this should be fairly easy to find, just time consuming. so hang in there. i'll look through my kazuma stuff for a wiring diagram. but you've checked the backside of the switch for the quick connects to be tight? take it apart, the quick connect, and look at the individual spades, are they in the right place? i mean even or is one pushed back? if even, then reinstall to the mate. sometimes the little spades inside the quick connect get misaligned and push back and don't make contact.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

I did take out the key switch and checked all connectors thru out the 4 wheeler thinking corrosion. they were all good, no green or white nor were they darker. the key switch has a 6 wire pig tail. I did disconnect and re connect all plugs and clips while inspection. I have a mechanical idea but by no means am i a pro... Father in law did the atv work and i did vehicles, he passed and now its all on me.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

take your ohm meter/voltmeter, turn key on, start at battery and follow the positive all the way around to/from starter/solenoid and to key--back/forth looking for the voltage. i'm reckoning that a pinched wire or some small deficiency is killing voltage.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if you know an ignition system of a car/truck with that key, then the quad is the same way. same theory of operation and same set up minus the left handle bar red kill slider switch....hey, that needs to be checked. the red kill slider switch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kazuma 50cc 4 wheeler. full battery, no power