Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

two yellow wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two yellow wires

I've picked up a kazuma falcon deluxe 110 for my son and been basically restoring it back to new with a new motor, carb, brakes, and most of the electronics necessary to make it functional and reliable. It didn't have a key switch when I got it(I ran the vin before purchase to check if stolen and it came back clear) and a buddy of mine had one he got extra with his coolsport so I got it from him. Only problem was it didn't have a plug so I just butt connected and heat shrank the 4 wires together that are needed to run and shut it off. But I still have two yellow wires left over. I've searched on here and the only thing I could find that had yellow wires is the remote deals, not anything from an ignition switch. Do I need to connect them? Cap them off? Ground one or both? I still have to get a starter solenoid and an intake saturday morning and unless that has something to do with it, I'll be starting it up and getting the new motor broken in. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The most common ignition switch has two positions (on and off), and four wires for the two switches ganged together on a common shaft. One switch is for switching fused 12 volts from the battery to everything that runs on 12 volts. The other switch is a kill switch that shuts off the quad when you turn off the ignition.

Six wire ignition switches usually have three positions and three switches ganged on a common shaft. Th positions are off, ignition on, and ignition on with headlights. The first four wires are the same as the 4 wire switch. The two extra wires are usually for turning on the headlights. If your quad has a separate headight switch on the left handlebar then just leave the extra two wires on the ignition switch alone.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! I do have a high and low beam switch on the left handlebar so I'll just cap them separately tomorrow so there can be no problems in the future.