1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc china atv wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, which jet would make it idle rough if it was clogged? The larger one in the center or the smaller one that's off center?

Old 05-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV 110 CC China wont start!

I just got this ATV today. I am a seasoned mechanic. I have clean fuel and spark. Rebuild carb to make sure it was not gummed up. It was actually real clean but I cleaned it again anyway. Pulled the killswitch and still no start. It has a remote starter and I made sure it was unlocked. Pulled brake in and choked and just cranks over and over doesn't even try to fire. Sprayed with ether and it tries to start but thats about it. Adjusted air and fuel idle screws to I was blue in the face. Fuse is good. Every thing is good. I am not familiar with this machine and I googled everything about it. Tried loosening govenor screw cause some guy says it won't get gas if its to tight???
Am I missing something stupid or am I going crazy. Only thing I have not done is check timing or magneto. PLEASE HELP

Sorry for posting on your thread I couldn't figure out how to post a thread cause I am stupid when it comes to computers

Old 05-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Is it actually pulling fuel into the carb? and spraying? When i had issues with mine it would not pull fuel into carb. Since i hate starter fluid i just used a squirt bottle of fuel. Was a 2 person job. I used a spare fuel line from the carb and had someone hold it up for me while i filled with fuel. Then i used squirt bottle and squirted direct into carb. after several tries it finally started and then i just kept it running by squirting fuel into carb and into fuel line for a few min and then hooked everything back up.. have not had a issue since in over a year.. Probably had a air lock. If its trying to start off spray then its comming down to fuel

Old 05-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thanks

Thanks ZROCK. Got it running as per your directions. Just cant get it to idle now. Messed with air screw and Idle screw for 3 hours. Adjusted float assy also again. Re-cleaned carb and blew all jets and ports out with compressed air. Just seems like I am lacking 1/8 play in throttle cable. Sooooo... thinking about buying a new throttle cale and carb for it. Could be stretched a little.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Carb ??

Carb adjustment. Started with 1 1/4 counter clockwise with air screw. The Idle screw don't have a clue. Had it idling at lowest RPM with my thumb barely on throttle. Adjusted both air and idle at the same time. Can really here a distinction in RPM. Oh ya also when I checked the oil some one had put tranny fluid in crankcase! Drained it and put 30 W in it. Compression still good. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Do u have the slide in correctly? It's easy to get it 180 degrees out. Also have u tried moving the needle up or down 1 notch? Start with your air/idle screw out about 1 1/2 or so.. your mixture screw is around 2 turns out give or take.. get it running and adjust your idle to around 800-1000 rpm or a good idle by ear.. Once that is set bring the idle up to 1200 to 1500 rpm. Adjust the mixture screw until the rpm no longer increase counting the turns.. back it off the same amount of turns and adjust again counting the turns you should be close to your original count.. then back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Then back off your idle and u should be good to go.. that's how I adjusted my little 110 and my girl can lift the front tires

Old 05-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yesterday I did have the slide in backwards. Changed that back around. Adjusted the float to have a slight rise on front side. Most carbs I have delt with is the float had to be level. Oh well. How do you adjust the needle on the slide one notch? Is it the threads that screw on the carb? I will give this a try today. Thanks for all your feed back. Building my confidence that maybe I will be able to get this thin road worthy!

Old 05-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Figured out the adjustment on the needle. Going to try this afternoon to work on bike.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Super Quad Patrol

ya beet me

Old 05-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No it beat Me

I finally gave up on the carb adjustment. Re-cleaned both jets with compressed air. Adjusted float like picture shows. Made sure slide was installed correctly and when I went to adjust the needle with the little c clip I popped it out of its position. Beforeall this I could not get it to idle with the choke off. I tried every thing with the idle and air adjustment. So I think what I am going to do is get a new throttle cable and carb. They don't look to expensive. Spend hours trying to get the thing to idle with choke off. Most carb floats I have messed with were not elevated on one side and that could be the problem. I just never got it back together tonight. To old and tired and rough on the knees. So I will give you a hollar once I get this carb back together. Thanks again for all your help.

Quick Reply: 110cc china atv wont start