1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Taotao 125d won't *stop* starting

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taotao 125d won't *stop* starting

Hello, I bought a pair of taotao 125d's recently on eBay. Both worked fine for about a week, but then one developed a problem where the starter won't stop. As soon as the key is turned on, the atv will immediately turn over and even after the engine starts will continue to fire the solenoid starter. I replaced the solenoid and that didn't fix the problem. The starter switch on the left handle bar is also fine. This vehicle shouldn't be able to start unless the break is pressed down, so the issue is occurring somewhere "early" in the wiring from the ignition switch ? I read that a frayed wire could be in contact with the metal frame, but I haven't been able to find the problem. As soon as the key is turned, the back break light also goes on (as well as the atv starting) so perhaps that's a clue ? Any suggestions on where I can specifically look or things I can test to sort out this issue would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Adam

Old 06-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

probably the only way to properly find the issue is strip the plastics off. This way you can see everything. Pull the power wire off your starter and just hook a test light to it so your not burning out the starter. I would start by unplugging the brake light and see if that helps (i have one that if the brake light is plugged in it will not start). Also while the test light is plugged in start wiggling and wires you may find the bad spot if the light flickers or goes out