1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc china atv wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc china atv wont start

I'm new to this forum I would like to thank anyone in advance for any help you can give me. it is much appreciated!!!

a little over a month ago I bought a 110 cc quad for my daughter. I picked it up used for $200. up until about last week it ran great. I put in the garage and hooked the battery charger up to it overnight so it was ready for her in the morning. I did not disconnect the battery from the rest of the ATV and I charged it at 2 amps. when I went to start it in the morning it would not start. it would turn over but very slowly almost like the battery was dead. I knew it wasn't because I just charged it. just to be sure I disconnect the battery and hooked my jump pack up to the positive and negative lead. it did the same turned over very slowly. Also tried jumping off my running car and the good battery out of my Warrior, still turned over extremely slow. The fat wires to the starter got warm and so did the starter. I took a known good starter from a running parts quad and still same exact thing. Tried hot wiring the starter solenoid, still exact same outcome. Could I have fried something by charging battery on the quad? Cdi, stator? I'm out of ideas. Please help my 4 year old is up my a.. to get her four wheeler back.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

before you pull the starter to test that, measure the voltage between the solenoid and then at the starter and at the solenoid posts before cranking and then during cranking. what are those voltage results? what size inline fuse do you have on the positive side of the battery (if your quad has one)? by the way, did you put a voltmeter on the battery after you charged it to make sure you had >12 volts? it could've had a cell start dying off and is prohibiting proper voltage displacement. well wait on that, you said you used your good warrior battery. also check the positive wires up to the solenoid and down to the starter to make sure there are no wiring deficiencies such as knicked wire jackets, pinched wiring, or a way for the thing to ground out.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

and no i don't think you damaged anything while charging the battery with the leads connected. i do that on mine.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

Mine seems to bog and then speeds up. I blame it on compression. See how it turns without the plug.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ,

I dont have a volt meter. Picking one up today. With the plug removed it turns over fast. Faster than normal as it should without a plug.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

So I removed the left side case turned the motor over by hand clockwise then vounterclockwise. While removing the case I noticed a small ground with that was cut in half. I spliced the wire back together and the quad started right up. Not sure how that happened but oh well, its running great again.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanks for reporting back. i learned something there!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Aright guys, I bought another one for my son. The guy I bought it from said it ran great his grandson only rode it once and flipped it over and the kids mother made the grandfather get rid of it. So when I got it the battery was dead so I replaced it with a new one. Changed the oil, got a new plug and cleaned the carb because he said it had been sitting for a year or so. He said the carb needed to be tuned. I got the quad fired up and kept it running feathering the throttle. I've adjusted the air/fuel screw and idle screw cannot seem to get it running right. I got it idling perfect with the choke fully closed. But it had absolutely no top end power. I shut off the choke and it dies. It fires back up and ill feather the throttle again and runs great all through rpm range except for idle. It'll rev up and down just extremely rough idle. I've tried just about every screw setting and cannot get the idle correct. Please help. Thanks in advance

Old 04-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

your jets are plugging off/choking/clogging off. that's a fuel delivery issue. pull your jets and clean them. i know you said you cleaned the carb, but if the quad ain't got a fuel filter, then the old tank/fuel can plug it up again after a cleaning. heck, even plug it up again with a fuel filter. crap gets in the lines and lays there until it breaks free. i'd start there. bogging down is a sign of plugged/clogged jets. or a very bad vacuum leak.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did clean the jets, tank, replaced lines and new fuel filter. It's possible there's still more crud in there. I'll clean everything again. Where could there be a vacuum leak?

Quick Reply: 110cc china atv wont start