1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

loncin quad 90cc will not start blows main fuse

Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loncin quad 90cc will not start blows main fuse

Hi guys a bought a Loncin 90 cc quad off a buddy.I got it knowing the fuse was blowing.I'm not sure how many amps the main fuse is suppose to be couldn't read the amps on the tube I purchased 10 amps its blowing them it's not a simple smelt,tare it's melting them the same as the one that was in the quad when I bought.The quad won't turn over at all.The battery is fine reads under 13volts also have a spare new one (I have a voltmeter). I know there is other threads on this thought I'd make one that's more recent.Any help would be appreciated.

I just used a screw driver joined both terminals (by passing the handlebar starter switch)engine cranks over the main fuse is still blown. the starter was replaced with new one. so it could be handle bar push button starter switch or starter lock out safety switch.

Last edited by darmil; 09-17-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: to add more info
Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

most generally, the fuse is a 7 amp, no bigger. as far as blowing the fuse, use your voltmeter/ohm meter to find a short. what is happening is this: you got a direct short and the fuse is the "weak link" designed to blow before you melt a more expensive component. obviously the fuse is the cheapest thing to sacrifice. test out the positive circuit and look for wiring deficiencies such as kinks, holes in the wire jacket, and broken wires. the voltmeter is your best friend here. start out from the key down through the battery and on through that circuit. you'll find it....it just takes a little time. but ultimately, your "hot" side is grounding out. think of it like this, if you put jumper cables on a good battery and touch the other end together, what happens? you got it, it grounds out the positive side and causes sparks. in this case, the fuse blows before it sparks. you can also take the quick connects apart, inspect each blade on the wiring, that's been known to be an issue also. sometimes it doesn't make a good enough connection.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx buddy what should I set the voltmeter to? I did notice one of the wires going into a quick connect wasn't all the way in looks like wire got pulled out of quick connect a bit. Can you re crimp a wire in a quick connect? I've done it to a RC car battery charger it looks the same.I'm gonna take the body off and go through the wiring it's a bitch to get the damn body off handle bars etc.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

set to read the 12v unless you wanna do more math for conversion.