1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Need a laugh?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a laugh?

So I've got this Eagle 50 that I've been trying to get started and keep running for oh let's say 2 months. I've pulled the carb and cleaned it countless times making sure that all of the jets, as well as the fuel and air holes are unobstructed. This carb looks brand new now, but I still haven't been able to get it to start and stay running. I've tuned it every which way I can think of. I've pulled the air box off and tried it that way. I've gotten it to try to start, but it just won't stay on. So tonight I figure rather than having to clean the carb yet again due to leaving fuel in the bowl, I'll just drain the fuel out and try again tomorrow. When I drained the fuel out (into a folgers can), I noticed very little fuel came out. I have several other similar carbs on my porch so I poured what fuel was in the can into another float bowl. NOT EVEN HALF FULL! In all the times I've messed with this thing, I never even thought to check the float level. Rookie mistake, lol. So, to anyone who reads this, if you're having trouble getting your machine to start and getting frustrated cuz you think you've tried everything, check your fuel level.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Haha it's always the simple things that mess us up