1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kymco 200 want start

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kymco 200 want start

just got a kymco 200 atv racing style took it to the local shop had over $400 worth of work done guy calls this mourning says its ready (on my birthday yay) so i pick it up has new battery new starter new celinoid and 2 new lil black fuse boxes cant remember what he called them i rode it for 30 mins or so brought it home turned it off got something to drink changed clothes went back out it started right up and of for another 45 mins or so then was inside for almost 2 hrs had gas to the carb off key off lights and all off go out it turns over but will not start it has a small oil leak but has oil in it doesnt start if i choke it or anything just turns over buddy said it might be the stator but i have no clue what or where that is and i dont want to take it back and spend $300 on something i may be able to fix myself just bought this thing to ride around on and keep miles off my banshee which i wished this chinese thing was like never any problems with it if you can please give me some hints or like a check list to narrow down or maybe a trick to get it to start thanks in advance

Old 03-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaffle21
just got a kymco 200 atv racing style took it to the local shop had over $400 worth of work done guy calls this mourning says its ready (on my birthday yay) so i pick it up has new battery new starter new celinoid and 2 new lil black fuse boxes cant remember what he called them i rode it for 30 mins or so brought it home turned it off got something to drink changed clothes went back out it started right up and of for another 45 mins or so then was inside for almost 2 hrs had gas to the carb off key off lights and all off go out it turns over but will not start it has a small oil leak but has oil in it doesnt start if i choke it or anything just turns over buddy said it might be the stator but i have no clue what or where that is and i dont want to take it back and spend $300 on something i may be able to fix myself just bought this thing to ride around on and keep miles off my banshee which i wished this chinese thing was like never any problems with it if you can please give me some hints or like a check list to narrow down or maybe a trick to get it to start thanks in advance
stator=alternator
so, did you check to make sure it's getting fuel? if it is getting fuel, then check for spark. do you know how to do that? when you shut the quad off, did you use the red slider kill switch or the key? go through the wiring harness/loom and double check the quick connects. even at the CDI and regulator. sometimes the blades inside the quick connect back out and don't make good contact. also check the backside of the keyed ignition to make sure it is well connected. verify flow through your petcock valve.