1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Starter Switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Switch

Hello, I have a Kazuma Flacon 110. The starter button on the handle bar will not work. The quad will start if the ignition is turned on and I cross the poles on the starter relay with a screw driver, it will run just fine. If I turn the kill switch on and repeat the process it will just turn over and will not start as expected. Also I have noticed that the horn will not work at all as well. I suspect that the starter button and the horn button is broken. If anyone could give me some suggestions on what to try to confirm the starter button is broken that would be great.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

If you can get at the wires behind the switch, check with a meter or test lamp that one is live with the ignition on, then bridge the wires across and see if that fires the starter, if it does you have a faulty switch.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I tested the wires on the switch with a test light and got no power. I have noticed that I have no light on the gear indicator. So I decided to test the rectifier under the front cover. I have constant power to 1 connection and no power on the other 3 connectors. Does anyone think that this might be the problem.

I am able to jump the quad still by crossing the poles on the solinoid. I did switch the kill switch and turn off the key and the quad quit as expected.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

You are best having a wiring diagram at this point but the most probable explanation is a fault in the live feed from the battery to the ignition switch or the switch to the starter button. If things like the warning lights, horn etc, are not working the fault is close to the ignition switch. Check fuses first, then the main feed to the ignition switch, then from the switch to the starter button etc. The other possibility is the neutral indicator faulty, if the starter circuit is made so that it won’t operate without the quad in neutral and the switch in the gearchange mechanism, or wiring to it, is faulty, the starter circuit won’t get the message that the bike is in neutral. The same would apply if the machine has a brake operated lockout switch, but this wouldn’t explain why gearchange lights don’t work.