3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Restoring a Chinese Quad

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restoring a Chinese Quad

I only just joined the connection, mostly because there is a serious lack of support for ATV owners where I live (That would be Pakistan). A few days ago I purchased a used Chinese 110cc quad, it's in decent running condition, and a steal at $280. The engine is smooth, just some issues with worn out bearings and old rusty washers. The paint is faded and the body has a little rust damage.

So basically I took the whole thing apart today and I intend to make it brand spanking new. I'll keep uploading pictures to show everyone the progress, any feedback/advice would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone has an idea as to what brand this is etc.

Here it is:

Old 03-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is everyone able to see the picture?

Old 03-03-2015, 05:12 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Is it really a 110cc? Never seen a 110cc with a CVT.. most GY6 style engines are 150cc and larger. Very cool if it is a 110cc with a CVT on it.. no clue who made it though.. Looking forward to more pics..

Old 03-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a Dinli to me. My wife, now my sons, has a 90cc. Plastics looks very similar.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

@mywifesquad Upon closer inspection, I've realised it is a 150cc. The person who I bought it from claimed so, but to me it felt a bit slow which is why I assumed it was a smaller engine. Here are some close ups of the engine and carburetor:
Restoring a Chinese Quad-f9xnvj0.jpg
Restoring a Chinese Quad-mrn0joy.jpg
Restoring a Chinese Quad-vwdlikf.jpg
Restoring a Chinese Quad-ytcp49u.jpg

Old 03-04-2015, 04:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

I also have two more Chinese quads. The red one is great, it's 125cc manual, so it's very very quick off the line. The orange one is the runt of the litter, I hardly ever use it. These boys are next in line for complete restoration.

Restoring a Chinese Quad-pgfc0h2.jpg

Restoring a Chinese Quad-aea2dvm.jpg

Old 03-04-2015, 07:11 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

The red one looks like a 200cc or 250 cc. Is it a 4 speed fwd with reverse?

You going to be doing a frame up resto?

Old 03-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
The red one looks like a 200cc or 250 cc. Is it a 4 speed fwd with reverse?

You going to be doing a frame up resto?
Again, the person claimed the red one to be a 250cc. And again I suppose you are right. The local motorcycle mechanic I showed it to claimed it was the same 125cc engine as some of the Chinese motorcycles being sold here. Guess he was wrong. And yes, 4 forward 1 reverse.

Also I'm new to this restoration stuff, what do you mean when you say 'doing a frame up resto'? Basically I've stripped it down to the frame, gonna repaint and fit new parts where necessary.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noheartjoo

Also I'm new to this restoration stuff, what do you mean when you say 'doing a frame up resto'? Basically I've stripped it down to the frame, gonna repaint and fit new parts where necessary.
You just answered your question.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by noheartjoo
Again, the person claimed the red one to be a 250cc. And again I suppose you are right. The local motorcycle mechanic I showed it to claimed it was the same 125cc engine as some of the Chinese motorcycles being sold here. Guess he was wrong. And yes, 4 forward 1 reverse.

Then its either a 200 or 250.. both of mine had 4 fwd 1 rev..

Thats a frame up resto. Starting with the frame and refinishing or replacing whats bad on its way back together.

Quick Reply: Restoring a Chinese Quad