Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Part ID help 200 ST

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part ID help 200 ST

Helping a friend with his 2006, but brand-new ATV.

It's a 200 ST. Made by Shineray ? (whoever that is)

He's had it since new. Not super mechanically inclined, but he can do basic stuff. He said it never would take the gas. When it was new, he communicated with whoever it came from and they sent him several new parts to try and none of them helped. But he did nothing with the fuel system, so I'm guessing they were sending him ignition or other electrical parts. He eventually gave up, and it's just been sitting in his garage all these years.

So...I'm looking at it. I found a plastic valve or filter that was burned and stuck to the exhaust. It has a fairly large rubber hose attached. That hose goes back to some sort of valve or something attached to the frame, in front of the cylinder. It has another large hose that runs to the head. Then one small hose (I assume vacuum) that goes to the carb.

One end of this plastic valve/filter is totally melted, so I don't know what it looked like. I assume it had an opening, because when I removed it from the hose and shined a light in it, I see what looks like air filter in there.

I would assume we need to replace this part, but I don't know what to order and can't find a diagram that has it.

As to the problem: We put some gas and got some power to it: It fired right up, but like he said, doesn't take the gas, and there's a small lever on the air filter side of the carb that the choke moves (is that the actual choke flap?) and when it starts, that level starts moving and rattling. I can keep it running by holding the lever still, but it kept revving up.

I felt like it had to be getting air from somewhere to rev like that. After inspecting everything, I decided to remove the...venturi? Round piece that goes down the middle and has the throttle cable attached and moved up and down to let air in.
I think it was installed backwards. You all know how they have one long slot and one shorter one, with corresponding tabs inside the hole there to keep it centered? It was backwards, IMO. (don't have another to compare) I turned it around, and the venturi goes down much farther, and I restarted and was able to get it to take the gas and rev up and come back down a bit.

Then it quit getting gas altogether, so I guess the new gas loosened up the funk inside there that was probably left behind from it sitting so long and stopped it up.

So he's getting a new carb, but we still need the plastic valve/filter. Any thoughts on what it might be?

this is the valve or whatever the thing is hooked to: The plastic valve is attached to the top hose, the bottom hose goes to the head? What is that thing, anyway? Emissions?

Old 04-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Winchmaster 5000

try bypassing it and see what happens. why a new carb? cant you clean the original one?

Old 04-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm betting they are the same two parts I'm wondering about on mine.

Large hose from head to silver device. Large hose from silver device to black device. Small vacuum hose goes from top of silver device to nothing (like a vent hose).

i'm not sure what the purpose is of these. The silver one is marked 'ookay.' The black has no markings except for 1-12 like a clock around the top.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

^That one is fairly similar.

As to the carb, there's no reason I can't clean it, but a brand new OEM one is about 20 bucks, shipped, so it's really not worth the time to clean it properly.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Winchmaster 5000

you're killin' me man, a $3 can of carb beats $20 and what is your plan?- replace the carb every time it gets dirty?

Old 04-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by supermanotorious
you're killin' me man, a $3 can of carb beats $20 and what is your plan?- replace the carb every time it gets dirty?
It's not mine. It has been sitting for 9 years, but is essentially brand new. Dude said he wanted a new carb.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, at a minimum, take the carb off and remove the bowl and clean it with some carb cleaner. Jets are probably clogged as mentioned. The issue is most chinese carbs have no rebuild kits, so you have to reuse the gaskets/o-rings. Once they start leaking, time to buy a new one. Only good thing is that they (carbs) are so cheap to just buy a new one.