Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

BC-XS110 ATV will not stay in gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC-XS110 ATV will not stay in gear

I have a Feishen BC-XS110 ATV (second owner) that will not stay in gear under a load. My son gets it in gear, starts to accelerate, and almost immediately pops right out again. I had this issue once before, replaced the clutch assembly to be safe, problem went away for about 15-20 hours of riding time. Any thoughts? Clutch need to be adjusted?

Reference info to the ATV in question...
110cc ATV (BC-XS110), View 49CC 50CC 70CC 90CC 110CC ATV, FEISHEN Product Details from Zhejiang Feishen Vehicle Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Old 04-23-2015, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Open the gearbox and verify your gears aren't damaged. Same thing happened on my Joyner mini buggy, had to replace a couple gears. This can also be caused by a mis-adjusted gear selector cable. Just throwing stuff out there. Try posting pics of your engine and gearbox in your garage.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

What should I look for? Broken teeth, metal shavings? Also, no cable, at least not from the outside of the assembly.

Originally Posted by MPDano
Open the gearbox and verify your gears aren't damaged. Same thing happened on my Joyner mini buggy, had to replace a couple gears. This can also be caused by a mis-adjusted gear selector cable. Just throwing stuff out there. Try posting pics of your engine and gearbox in your garage.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

You could drain the oil first and see if you got pieces or shavings. Then make a decision whether you need to open the gearbox.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

No metal shavings in the last oil, and none present this time. The only thing that changed from the previous time we had this issue, was I replaced the Clutch Assembly. The fact that it went away for awhile, makes me wonder if the issue is just need to adjust the clutch... but I am not exactly sure how to adjust it. (I know where, but not how)

Old 04-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TheIncredible
No metal shavings in the last oil, and none present this time. The only thing that changed from the previous time we had this issue, was I replaced the Clutch Assembly. The fact that it went away for awhile, makes me wonder if the issue is just need to adjust the clutch... but I am not exactly sure how to adjust it. (I know where, but not how)
Your probably on the right track. I have replaced clutches before but never had to adjust them. Yours going out so quickly doesn't seem right.

On the gears inspection if you decide to open the gearcase, your looking for gears that are rounded and don't have that squared edge that new ones have. Or broken teeth altogether.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

So I found some directions for adjusting the clutch...

"To adjust the clutch you loosen the nut.
Turn the screw counterclockwise until you feel a slight amount of tension.
Then turn the screw clockwise 1/4 turn and hold it in place as you tighten the nut."

Question I have, is this performed in Neutral or in gear?

I figured I would attempt to adjust the clutch before tearing down the gearbox. My hope is that with a new clutch and being adjusted for an old one, perhaps there is too much tension allowing the gear to fully catch, causing it to pop right back out once he attempts to put it under any load.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TheIncredible
So I found some directions for adjusting the clutch...

"To adjust the clutch you loosen the nut.
Turn the screw counterclockwise until you feel a slight amount of tension.
Then turn the screw clockwise 1/4 turn and hold it in place as you tighten the nut."

Question I have, is this performed in Neutral or in gear?

I figured I would attempt to adjust the clutch before tearing down the gearbox. My hope is that with a new clutch and being adjusted for an old one, perhaps there is too much tension allowing the gear to fully catch, causing it to pop right back out once he attempts to put it under any load.
Sounds good. Keep us informed.