Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

sunl 109b kids atv no spark

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl 109b kids atv no spark

Hi everyone I have a sunl kids quad, I bought it used. I had no spark to the plug. I pulled the kill pin to the CDI I had spark so I started looking for shorts. I tested the key switch which I knew was good, its good. I tested the run and kill on the handle bars, good. I took the body off to get a better look at the wiring, etc. looks like the blue CDI wire is now spliced into the wht/blk wire of the remote kill switch. You have to forgive me electrical isnt my forte. I put a jumper wire in where the tether switch should be. now I have no spark with the kill pin out. what gives? I am scratching my head!!

Old 06-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wire color can vary with model. The blue wire is usually the trigger coil wire. If you ground it the CDI gets no signal telling it to spark.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have blk/red main power
blu/whit seems to be trigger
the blue wire is in the bottom middle looking at 5 Pin CDI's dia it should be the kill

Old 06-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just finished work on the same type of quad. The remote kill switches are nice to have but if not installed properly they cause issues. Start by disconnecting the remote kill switch and see if that gets the spark back. If that still doesn't fix the issue, check the stator. There's a little black box attached to the it that could have melted or the stator itself is bad. New stator is about $20 new. Also, as silly as this might sound, make sure the brake safety switch is engaged in order to get the motor to fire. I say this only because I've made that simple mistake. Hope this helps.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:22 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigredjeep
I put a jumper wire in where the tether switch should be. now I have no spark with the kill pin out. what gives? I am scratching my head!!

Putting a jumper wire where the tether kill switch goes is wrong. That kills the spark. You're shorting the kill switch wire to ground - killing the spark.

Unplugging the tether wires to the main wiring harness (not the rope tether pull plug) and leaving the harness wires dangling will enable spark.

Start with that, and verify that you still get no spark with the kill pin disconnected from the CDI. After that, come back. You'll need a meter...

Old 06-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

check micro switch on brake if back brake dosnt come on when foot is on the brake it could be that i had that issue double check all kil switches as they most comminalyy are the issue

Old 08-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

With the jumper wire out it still had no spark, with the remote disconnected it has no spark .
I get a strong reading from the stator ( which I replaced ) the juice isn't getting to the CDI
Still searching for shorts

Old 04-08-2020, 03:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi just wanting some help i brought my son a 70cc quad brand new he has ride it a few times and then wouldn't start so my partner tried looking at it we have asked the kids what they have done they said they have only put fuel into the quad so when my partner had drained they fuel it was a red color so we asked the kids what fuel they have put in to the bike and they 2 stoke is that why the bike wont start????

Old 04-10-2020, 02:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Largely depends if the "70cc Quad" is a two stroke or not. If it is, and they put 2 stroke in, no problem. If it isn't, they could have sooted the plug. Put a new plug in anyway, checking for a spark with it laid on the cylinder head, before you put it in, and take a look at the old one to see if it is black and sooty.