Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please

Old 01-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please

Hi I am a newbie......My husband & I bought a 2007 Marshin 200cc atv from an older gentleman a few weeks ago.
It only has about 7 miles on it. The atv sat up for about a year and the older gentleman told us that he stated swapping out the chinese parts for american....uhhhhhhhhhh
He told us that it needed a battery, cdi, an the sensor on the flywheel(magneto)
We can not get in touch with him and I have done endless internet searches for the wiring diagram for this atv & or searches for general info on this.
It was bought orginally from the dealer in North Carolina in 2006.
My nephew is going to do the work on it & I am guessiing that he will switch the parts back to chinese since they are much cheaper.
The stator magneto that it currently has on it is an 18 coil. I do not think it is the orginal.....I am trying to find out what orginally can on it.
If anyone has links or info where i can get a wiring diagram or manual please let me know.
Thought it was an awesome deal for $500 but I am rethinking that....
thank you for any & all help.
Nancy2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please-marshin-mxt200.jpg

Old 01-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off, there are no american made parts for a china bike. There may be parts stocked here but they are the same things as sold from overseas. This is unless he decided to use the wrong parts but even then I don't think they would be made here. Just to get it to run, there should be a blue/white wire coming out of the stator, that is the trigger for the cdi, usually a red/black wire that is the power for the spark that goes to the CDI and then a ground. That should be all you need from the stator to get it running, the rest is charging coils for the battery. These engines do not require a battery to run as the ignition charge comes directly from the stator. From the cdi, you should get usually 2 wires going to the coil (though it can be 1 if it is frame grounded). That one wire from the cdi should go to the positive lead on the coil. First step for wiring is finding out what cdi it is using. The 200cc engines are usually a honda cg125 clone that was overbored to 200 or 250(23x). What i have usually seen is a 4 pin cdi. The wiring for that should be pretty easy to find even just searching google images. The Stator doesn't involve "sensors" per se, there are usually a number of individual coils devoted to the ignition, some devoted to charging/lights, and then it will have the trigger pickup which is really just a micro coil to send the cdi the signal to fire. The coils are usually on the inside of the flywheel, and the ignition trigger (bl/wht) is usually on the outside triggered by a magnet on the outside of the flywheel.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dejavu2much
Hi I am a newbie......My husband & I bought a 2007 Marshin 200cc atv from an older gentleman a few weeks ago.
It only has about 7 miles on it. The atv sat up for about a year and the older gentleman told us that he stated swapping out the chinese parts for american....uhhhhhhhhhh
He told us that it needed a battery, cdi, an the sensor on the flywheel(magneto)
We can not get in touch with him and I have done endless internet searches for the wiring diagram for this atv & or searches for general info on this.
It was bought orginally from the dealer in North Carolina in 2006.
My nephew is going to do the work on it & I am guessiing that he will switch the parts back to chinese since they are much cheaper.
The stator magneto that it currently has on it is an 18 coil. I do not think it is the orginal.....I am trying to find out what orginally can on it.
If anyone has links or info where i can get a wiring diagram or manual please let me know.
Thought it was an awesome deal for $500 but I am rethinking that....
thank you for any & all help.
NancyAttachment 10163
Almost looks like a Baja Motorsports, which of course is also non existent in parts. Best to post lots of pics and someone can chime in on what parts may fit it. So many different variations too. A quick search on ebay brings up some parts.

Marshin | eBay

Old 01-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Pics of the engine would be good to identify. On the lower end by the shifter there should be an engraved plate with a number like 163ml, indicating the bore if it's a cg type motor. Make of the bike means relatively little, they are all different clone engines whether it's the CG, GY6, etc families.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Ryansgt
Pics of the engine would be good to identify. On the lower end by the shifter there should be an engraved plate with a number like 163ml, indicating the bore if it's a cg type motor. Make of the bike means relatively little, they are all different clone engines whether it's the CG, GY6, etc families.

Thank you very much! I will get my nephew to post since he is the one working on it!

Old 01-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Ryan ty so much for the info! I am attaching original specs of 4 wheeler.....

Attached Thumbnails 2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please-12494818_10206685985762985_4449953586398871598_n.jpg  
Old 01-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hmm, 193. I saw a redcat that was 193. Quick pic of the engine would be good, but it doesn't sound like 2 of tho most popular of the china motors. Most have ither the CG type vertical, or the Horizontal engines.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

That and transmission as semi-auto. I have seen the single speed F-N-R, 5 speed manual, 4F and 1R Manuals and the CVT in the GY6 engines. I would have to see what they mean, some sort of autoclutch manual or a fixed ratio cvt (meaning selecting the different gearings) I have seen that on cars but i would usually say it is way too complicated to be found on a chinese atv.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default re Marshin 200cc engine

Here are a few pics of engine........

Attached Thumbnails 2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please-atv1.jpg   2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please-atv4.jpg   2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please-atv2.jpg   2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please-atv3.jpg  
Old 01-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, that is a unique engine on a china atv. doesn't matter, it still follows the general idea though. Do you have a meter? Does it still have to cdi that he put in? We can start testing with a new battery, or even if you were able to jump it. Just a note, the coil is the least likely thing to fail in that ignition circuit. It is possible but the coil and the cdi are much more likely. If you have a meter and are able to jump the battery cables you should be able to test the output. If you don't have the cdi, check the wire loom coming out of the stator. Try to trace the one coming from the black magnetic pickup that isn't part of the stator and shee where that goes. If you can find it merging and terminating to a connector, you should be able to count the pins to find a matching cdi. You could also work backwards from the ignition coil.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Marshin MXT200 ATV......Help Please