Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

buyang 110 cc 4 wheeler start issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buyang 110 cc 4 wheeler start issue

I just picked this up for my kid . paid $30 so I wasnt really sweating it cause the guy started it when we where there. He had to remove his battery cause he didnt have the original. he was using a lawn mower batter on the side just to crank it.

so get it home and cant get it to turn over. tried several batteries although not sure any of them are charged...charging one now for tomorrow...

so first...can I kill the kill switch on the handlebar ? the one with the thing a jig that if it pops off it kills the motor...? I hate that.

he said it didnt start at first till he pulled up on that switch, i tried that too.

he also said he had to jiggle some wires behind the headlight...

i had about an hour to mess with the thing so I need to start fresh tomorrow but it did start when I met the guy. fired right up and when gas applied it went forward, didnt ride it cause his battery wasnt secure.

thx

Old 03-25-2016, 03:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

On most small Quads you have to have the parking brake on to get the starter to work. On others the gears need to be in neutral, I don't think the 110 has a gearshift lever but, if it has, make sure it is in neutral.

You can by pass the kill switch, on some the wires need to be connected together to make it run, on some you connect them together to stop it. Try both ways and see which works.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merryman
On most small Quads you have to have the parking brake on to get the starter to work. On others the gears need to be in neutral, I don't think the 110 has a gearshift lever but, if it has, make sure it is in neutral.

You can by pass the kill switch, on some the wires need to be connected together to make it run, on some you connect them together to stop it. Try both ways and see which works.

thanks for the reply,.

its an auto so no gears ...I did try at one point the brakes but I am not sure the battery I was using then was good.

I will check the kill switch. I may not remove it but when I bought it the guy said he had issue with it not letting him start so it needs to be looked at.

the rig started so I know it runs just needs a litte attention.