Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Electrical and start up problems on 110cc Quad

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical and start up problems on 110cc Quad

I have a 110cc ATV and I got it as a gift but since I got it, it has never worked as in starting problems, I used to just have to jump it but now im having issues. Today I pulled it out after a year and half of sitting in my garage, I hooked it up to jump it (I use one of those sears battery jumpers, not a car) and nothing, So I came back after 30 mins and ever since then for 6 hours now, it sounds like the engine or gear box does a full rotation, the muffler does a little puff and it kinda buzzes then it does it again over and over for a about every second. (not a car person, only works with Computers so please stay with me). After doing this or holding down the ignition button I have a wire that goes under the gas tank and it starts smoking and there is a wire that goes into the cylinder box and that gets very hot and smokes for a bit. After it cools off and I do the process again it smokes again. Its very wierd and I have no idea what the problem could be, I saw maybe a CDI or something but i would like to get this thing running. And this thing has been in the shop twice and they fix it then the next day it does the same thing. Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You carb is probably gummed up and will not start anyway. I would suggest a new battery as their may be a internal problem with your current battery. Then pull the spark plug and turn it over a few times to get things moving and oil moving around. Then try starting.

If you battery is bad it may not be allowing you full voltage from the jumper cable