Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Linhai bighorn 28 idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linhai bighorn 28 idle issue

I have a linhai bighorn 28 about 1 year old with 68 miles on it. Obviously it is not used a bunch.

After a few months of sitting, I fired it up for a job. It started right up, but after warm up it simply will not idle. I have to keep the choke on and have it at about 2500+ RPM or it will just stall. If I keep the choke on at that rpm I am able to drive it without problem, but it should idle with no choke after warm up as it did when we first got it and I would like to correct this.

I have searched in the forums and one suggestion was to clean out the carb jets, which seems likely since it sat for a while, but I am not sure how to removed the carb (safely) to attempt this. Videos show cleaning the carb after it is removed.

Can someone direct me to instructions on how to remove the carb for this model or perhaps walk me through it. I am not a mechanic but willing to remove and clean the carb if I can get it back together without screwing it up.

If there is another possible problem that might keep it from idling properly, than any and all suggestions would be welcome.

The nearest dealer is 1500 miles so bringing in is not an option.

Thank you for any advice.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Have you tried adjusting the carb? (look up chinese atv carb adjustment on YouTube)

Sounds like your air-fuel mix screw could be set too lean, it may be why you have to keep choke on.

Once you get the mixture correct (assuming no other problems), the machine should be able idle lower with some adjustments to the idle speed screw.

If this doesn't work, then you may need to remove and clean/inspect it.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

thank you for your reply.

I do not see any way to adjust the carb. I was hoping to find a diagram or instruction to adjust and/or remove the carb.

Do you know where I can get a service manual or some other directions?

Old 05-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Calling all pz19 gurus.

The 3rd picture in that link shows the 2 screws I'm talking about. The one with the spring is idle speed, just turn them in/out to adjust with the engine running. Just very slight turns, don't over-adjust or the engine will just die on you.