Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

LinHai 400SE IRS "Big Horn" electrical question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LinHai 400SE IRS "Big Horn" electrical question

Ok, so got this thing, assembled, and even added acid/assembled the battery with a solid trickle charge and the battery is fine.

As far as I can tell, I have checked all the fuses I can find, but I have ZERO power to anything. Even the console will not light up when turned to ON.

Is there some sort of hidden parental/child disconnect or safety switch that I'm not aware of? ANY help would be appreciated.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

one of the brakes must be depressed to start usually, In neutral?

Old 05-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I had a second set of eyes look at it finally as we did electrical testing. There are 7-8 connections in the "hood" section. One of the female connections had been jammed back inside the casing from the factory. Popped that back forward and "sha-zam" it came to life.

Was a good thing, because I bought the Linhai from "saferwholesale.com", which was worthless to get tech support from "...did you leave the caps off the battery after filling it up with acid for 15 minutes..." when I asked them why I had no powers.

Then I was giving to the distributor, because "they don't have one sitting infront of them" which then only directs you to voicemail boxes no matter which mail box you try (yes, I tried them all just to see if I could get a response over several days).

I was able to get ahold of Linhai's US branch, which was actually very knowledgable and helpful. He at the very least informed me that I wasn't missing a disconnect or rider safety switch anywhere.

I'm hoping that the machine is better than the crap I had to go through to get it and get it running. Used it this weekend, and it seemed to do just fine.............................so far.