Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

new Taotao 110 owner. looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Taotao 110 owner. looking for advice

I recently purchased a Taotao ATA-110F ATV. I think its an 2007 or so model. It runs good after I get some heat in the engine. I'm looking for advice on what owners have done to these things to either better enhance their performance and reliability or just make them more fun to drive. Are there any mods that can be done to them?
I seen a youtube video where someone talked about having to replace the carb every year due to their cheap design. Is this true? I also have a metal gas tank which is starting to rust. Where can I get a plastic replacement?

It has a brand new battery and I just changed the oil and plug

Name:  IMG_7105_zpscqcrslpt.jpg
Views: 4152
Size:  358.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7106_zpstygzpvhd.jpg
Views: 2833
Size:  375.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7107_zpsnfggpzaq.jpg
Views: 2823
Size:  379.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7109_zps26f5yblv.jpg
Views: 2503
Size:  385.7 KB

Old 07-24-2016, 11:41 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Pretty much the same machine as the gio 110 hummer. Those have a plastic tank.
Carb if you do not have a fuel shut off put one in and use it. On out 110 the carb would leak if it just sat but was fine as long as it was running. To lazy to rebuild carb. I would look into widening the machine. Pretty tipsy that's why I upgraded my little ones to a 125

Old 07-25-2016, 05:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
Pretty much the same machine as the gio 110 hummer. Those have a plastic tank.
Carb if you do not have a fuel shut off put one in and use it. On out 110 the carb would leak if it just sat but was fine as long as it was running. To lazy to rebuild carb. I would look into widening the machine. Pretty tipsy that's why I upgraded my little ones to a 125
Widening the machine? I'd think that's a lot of work

Old 07-25-2016, 09:16 AM
Super Quad Patrol

wheel spacers are cheep on ebay.. Also get your self a spare set or 2 of front ball joints or their version of them that go in the a arms/spindle. They wear out quick last set i installed i replaced over the winter and they are shot already probably 10 hours of riding.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. I will look into that. Before that happens though, I need to address an issue I have been having for the last two days.
It is extremely difficult to get this thing started. It just won't turn over. Sometimes it feels like it's about to and then just dies as I let the switch go.
I tried so long today that I ended up draining the battery. Once the battery was charged, I tried again and got it going but only if I hit the throttle as soon as it turns over. It will not stay running though. It dies if the ATV comes to a stop at idle. It will fire back up but again, you have to hit the throttle right away.
What I did notice is that the headlights will be nice and bright when the kids are running it around the yard but as soon as they slow down and come to a crawl, the lights will dim out until the ATV just stalls out. Almost as if the battery is dead but it does fire right back up.

Side note, I remotely shut the ATV off a few days ago and it would not start. I had no brake lights when applying the hand brake and the battery voltage went to zero when I hit the start switch. I ended up pulling the battery out and checking it on my charger and it was fully charged. I put it back in and the ATV fired right up like normal. Now I have this other issue today

Can anyone offer me any insight on what to check? This new toy has now become a pain in my side.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Idle or slow jet clogged? Remove and clean out the carb and jets.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Can the carb be removed and reinstalled without the need to buy new gaskets or should I look into a rebuild kit or somesort. I did watch a youtube video where a user mentioned just using some some good RTV sealant in place of the gasket.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not all carbs use a gasket but o-rings that can be reused. I use dialetric grease on them to keep them pliable. You can get gasket material at any auto parts store and make your own. Chinese carbs are so cheap in cost that a rebuild kit is not cost effective, if you can even buy a rebuild kit for them.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:30 AM
Super Quad Patrol

before you go ripping the carb out try turning up the idle slightly. Looks like that machine has no hours on it? If it has little to no hours on it it will need some run time to loosen things up. Shut the lights off that will give you more juice for starting. From factory battery are under sized. Even on my brand new one i have to hit the start button a few times to get it off a compression stroke then it will turn over easily and start.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Any chance you can guide me in the right direction for the idle adjustment? If I hold the throttle open just a bit with my thumb then it will start and idle. Let it go and it shuts off.

Quick Reply: new Taotao 110 owner. looking for advice