Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

remote start/kill issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start/kill issues

I am attempting to install a standard remote alarm/start/kill on a 110cc go kart. Should be a simple install as there are a couple of nice diagrams out there. However, this kart has a 4 wire CDI w/o the black/white kill wire and a bit different than the available wiring diagrams.
I am created a wiring diagram and hoping someone can let me know how to properly hook up the remote. I am only interested in the start/kill features of the remote, not the alarm/lights/etc.
So for any electrical guru's out there it should be pretty easy...i'm just not wired that way (no pun intended!).
Normally the black/white kill wire from CDI is cut and spliced to the pink & grey wires on the remote. The blue wire from the remote then goes to the starter solenoid and the orange wire goes to the ignition switch. The remote red wire hooks to 12v supply and obviously black to ground.
I am also including a standard remote diagram.
Thanks,
Papa Buggy

Attached Thumbnails remote start/kill issues-4-wire-cdi.jpg   remote start/kill issues-standard-remote-diagram.jpg  
Old 08-30-2016, 01:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

I have never come across any CDI system like the one shown. If it does work, the kill wire is blue/white so presumably wiring the remote to that will operate the kill system.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks...I can actually add a black/white wire to the CDI connector in the correct position...already tried it and it works. However, I am looking to find where to connect the start wires from remote (blue & orange).
Thanks,
Papa Buggy