Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kids 110 Leaking Oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids 110 Leaking Oil

I think it's a 110. It's about ten years old, but not used much. It had engine troubles, so got little use. I think it was all carb related so now I may have gotten that mostly resolved. I took the carb apart, cleaned everthing out, got it back and messed with the a/f screw and idle screw. I need to do a bit more tweaking but it's running better than ever. It was stored outside the past 5+ years so all the body plastic is gone. The frame and mechanicals are about all that is left. Even the plastic wire connectors are disintegrating.

Now then.. when running I'm getting a drip of oil every minute or so. It looks to be coming from the underside of the engine. I'm guessing maybe a gasket or seal? Does anyone have photos or a procedure to replace gaskets? Is there a valve cover one? a head one? Is there just 4 bolts to hold it all together? (That is sort of what it looks like). I just watched a youtube vid that showed taking the upper and lower head apart. It does look like it is just 4 bolts. Should I try to tighten a bit and see if that stops the leak? Or should I just plan to replace the gaskets? Are those stock parts or make them with RTV?

PS. Anyone know the torque specs for the 4 head bolts?

Old 09-09-2016, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a 110. Looks like leak is coming from the flywheel housing so maybe a crankshaft seal? I did manage to break off one of the bolts that hold the housing together. I guess 120 in-lb is too much. Presuming I someday need to replace the seal, I suppose I can back out that bolt and replace a host of gaskets.