Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Chinese Quad Stator/Engine Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese Quad Stator/Engine Electrical

So I just bought a brand new stator because the current one sat for 3 or 4 years and looks completely corroded. But i noticed a second strip of wires going into the same housing the stator was in. Not sure what that is. I see it runs up into a connector that hooks into the wiring harness. Can anyone explain to me what that is. See attached picture.

Attached Thumbnails Chinese Quad Stator/Engine Electrical-850402395_o.jpg  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have the samething on mine and i am wondering the same thing i kinda think its a gear indicator but not sure , i went as far as to trace the wires down and at the end is like a solinoid like on a sprinkler system ,,

Old 10-02-2016, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

You maybe correct. When I google atv gear sensor I see pictures that look exactly what I'm looking at on the atv. Still may go through the wire harness though to see where the connections lead.

Thx

Old 10-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have been going thru this atv 200 cc and it as that very same thing but i am lost cause i dont have a connection for the connector to plug into im thinking that it was an extra just incase you wanted that option

Old 10-02-2016, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Was your wiring harness altered? Was anything removed from the harness or maybe tucked away? I would think that if the sensor is hooked up then you would have some kinds of connections for it. How many gears do you have on your quad?

Old 10-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Truth be said all of the wiring is been hack and i dont know what goes where and have very little expertise with it i got it from a neighbor that was going to trash it and i thought i take and have me a project and bouy what a project its a no name that i can find , and on the tag its got atv200 im guessing that thats 200cc cuz the motor has 176cm on it its got five gears and a lever im guessing for reverse , and under it about 6 inch is a spline shaft im thinking its for kick start but dont really know and i have been research the interwebz for info on wire it up for a simple start button / kill switch , charging system but cant even find that because of the no name brand , i have even ask the person i got it from and they said that serval people had tried to get it to start with no success so i think im just going to trash it

Old 10-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found the info for my atv on the front. Its engraved on a piece of metal where the front bumper is.

Can you attach a pic of your ATV?

Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well as for the wiring i just went on ebay and purchased a complete wire harness ,for 69,90 that comes with a stator,cdi rectif,ign coil solnoid ,ign,kill/cluster handbar switch and wires for the connection and suppose to have a schematics as well so hopes to get this put in by the begining of week thats if courier is a hurryier ,, but i still have know idea if its a kickstart or not and i will try and get sum pictures up later on today , still aint figured out the make of it found the tag and all it has is aphlanumerical digits but i will try to post pics

Old 10-05-2016, 06:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Heres one i try more

Attached Thumbnails Chinese Quad Stator/Engine Electrical-image.jpeg  
Old 10-06-2016, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

That does look like a place for a kick start. I'm assuming the gear shift in there now just only shifts up and down an your supposed to start the atv by button. But once you have the harness in place and hook all those missing pieces together hopefully you'll get further along with it.

Quick Reply: Chinese Quad Stator/Engine Electrical