Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

TaoTao 110 atv electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have an update... lol.. Got the parts.. Changed the stator first...It ran 30 minutes and died... I changed the cdi box...ran a bit and died...changed the ignition coil ran a bit and died.. I'm not sure whats going on... It still does the same thing..It will fire right back up every time it dies...as long as my boy keeps on the gas it runs...as soon as he lets off the gas it dies... I am outta ideas!!! hahaha

Old 10-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I have an update!! I'm losing it!!! haha.. I changed the stator.. It ran 30 minutes ....died...changed the cdi box...fired it up...ran a bit..died...changed the ignition coil...fired up ran and died...as long as my son stays on the gas..it runs..he lets off ..it dies.. We keep firing it right back up..till the battery goes dead...I'm outta ideas...lol

Old 10-21-2016, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also noticed something else when tinkering with it... The fiberglass gasket thing..between the carburetor and the manifold pipe is cracked in half?? I super glued it back together...lolol.. Still dies after a few minutes...sounds real boggy...but stay on the gas it stays running but sounds drug down...could that be a problem??

Old 10-24-2016, 06:34 PM
DIY Warrior
Default Now I'm out of gas...

The plastic piece between the carburetor and the engine should be replaced at some point because you don't want unfiltered air entering the carburetor.

When you say if your son presses the gas it keeps running how much gas are you talking about? 1/8 or less just to maintain and idle or does the motor need to be revved well above idle to keep going?

When you say the battery dies are you charging it with a battery charger? Have you tested the voltage with a multi meter while it is running?

Could the choke be closing ? Can you remove the air cleaner and see if it runs better and verify that the choke is open all the way once it is warmed up?

Old 10-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mrbios
The plastic piece between the carburetor and the engine should be replaced at some point because you don't want unfiltered air entering the carburetor.

When you say if your son presses the gas it keeps running how much gas are you talking about? 1/8 or less just to maintain and idle or does the motor need to be revved well above idle to keep going?

When you say the battery dies are you charging it with a battery charger? Have you tested the voltage with a multi meter while it is running?

Could the choke be closing ? Can you remove the air cleaner and see if it runs better and verify that the choke is open all the way once it is warmed up?

The ATV we have doesn't have a charging system for the battery while it's running...So after restarting it 10 or so times it goes dead...lol..but we found out after it restarts...if he holds down the gas lever..And it doesn't matter on gas..after it cranks he can give it a tiny bit of gas...or enough to ride ..but as soon as he let's completely off it sputters and dies...it's a brand new carburetor with a manual choke so I don't think that's it...I took the breather off and it doesn't make any difference. ..I put silicone around the outside of the plastic gasket between the carburetor and manifold pipe and he rode it a while and it never died...?? We rode down to the deer blind and feeder across the street...rode back to the house...rode down to the dead end turn around on our rode and came home...I ordered a new manifold gasket....hopefully that's it...

Old 10-25-2016, 01:26 PM
DIY Warrior
Default progress...

Sounds like progress. Have you tried turning the idle screw on the carb? That should prevent it from dying at idle. You can also turn the cable adjuster screw located a few inches from the thumb throttle to turn up the idle.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

[QUOTE=mrbios;3341733]Sounds like progress. Have you tried turning the idle screw on the carb? That should prevent it from dying at idle. You can also turn the cable adjuster screw located a few inches from the thumb throttle to turn up the idle.[/QUOTE

Yessir I idled it up a bit..I'm gonna let him ride it today see how it works..I'm it's good I'll put the new gasket on there as soon as it gets here

Old 10-25-2016, 04:49 PM
DIY Warrior
Default 1 at a time...

That's a good way to do things. Change things one at a time and check the result.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mrbios
That's a good way to do things. Change things one at a time and check the result.

It seemed to run good with the silicone around the gasket

Old 10-26-2016, 03:48 PM
DIY Warrior

Originally Posted by Swamperjo8
It seemed to run good with the silicone around the gasket
Great news!

Quick Reply: TaoTao 110 atv electrical problems