Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Odes Assailant

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

74 mph is pretty fast to be going down the road on a Chinese 4 wheeler. I think there is a hit country song there There was a little diddy the kids sang back in the 1950's: "She was goin' down the mountain 90 miles an hour, when her for got caught in the chain"

Old 12-21-2016, 03:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hydrex
74 mph is pretty fast to be going down the road on a Chinese 4 wheeler. I think there is a hit country song there There was a little diddy the kids sang back in the 1950's: "She was goin' down the mountain 90 miles an hour, when her for got caught in the chain"

LOL- too be honest with you, I was a little scared. The speed was calculated with a Garmin so I know it was accurate. My entire body started to lift from the wind and all I could think about was "do not resuscitate" I can guarantee I wont do it again!

Mike

Old 12-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's pretty much the same top speed as an Outlander 800. I had a friend who had a Renegade 800 and it topped out at 76 mph. Fastest I've ever been myself is 68 mph going slightly downhill on a Grizzly 660. They're not meant for that kind of speed.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by greg74
That's pretty much the same top speed as an Outlander 800. I had a friend who had a Renegade 800 and it topped out at 76 mph. Fastest I've ever been myself is 68 mph going slightly downhill on a Grizzly 660. They're not meant for that kind of speed.
Concur that they aren't made for that speed. As I approached 74 I got a slight front end wobble (in the motorcycle world we call it a tank slapper). When that happened I got off of the thumb trigger!

I will never do it again, but I had to try it. I wanted to see if it would do what was advertised and it certainly surpassed that. I only weigh about 160#,so I'm sure that was a lot of the reason I surpassed the advertised speed.

Mike