Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Odes Assailant

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 03:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odes Assailant

I'm curious if anyone else here has an Odes Assailant? I've been a member here for about 10 days and I see very little discussion on the Odes.

Odes recently opened a new facility in Texas and it appears they are committed to improving reliability and from my experience it appears they are headed in the right direction.

I've put about 90 hard miles on it and I have zero complaints, especially since I installed a Super ATV ez steer system.

I'd like to hear from other owners, if there are any.

Mike

Old 12-19-2016, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

79 views and not one response. I guess I'm on my own for now.

Here's a few pictures.

Purchase day

Purchase day

Working

Cleaned up after PS install

Cleaned up after PS install

Old 12-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

OK, here's a reply: It looks very nice, I like the red piping on the seat, nice touch. I know nothing about them, though. If they are made in Red China, I would not buy one. Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Canada, Mexico, Europe or the USA , no problem. I've been burned too many times with stuff from Red China. Right now, trying to start a 7.5KW Chinese generator, before I need it, dead as a door nail. end of rant. BTW I might check out that Power Steering kit for my next ATV, a 700 Diesel SD Arctic Cat.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They appear to make some nice machines, much like CF Moto does. This machine in particular looks very much like a Can-Am Outlander. Reliability of CF Moto is not quite at the level of more established brands. Odes have only been making atvs for a very short time so reliability is unknown. These Odes machines might be better but most likely you're the only person on here who owns one, that's why nobody else has responded. Their dealers are spread out far and wide, most people have none near them. Atvs are expensive and most people on here don't like to buy something that they're not sure will be reliable. They prefer to buy something that has a reputation for quality, not something that has no track record at all. I do hope it proves to be a good machine for you.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:12 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Not many owner reviews good or bad on these yet ,but they appear to have a quality fit and finish. Usually takes a while for a new brand to get established, same as the Bennche that's assembled down here in my area.ATV | Bennche Gray Wolf 700 EFI Utility All Terrain Vehicle As far as the Odes this is from their website..

"To deliver the best in quality as well as the best price. We have sourced parts manufactures from Canada, USA, Mexico, Asia, Taiwan, Japan and more. We have put our parts and UTVS through extensive testing through 3,000 Mile tests to 2,000 on/off switch tests, to ensure our products meet the demands of the consumers. Our parts are purchased worldwide and sent to our factory in Asia for inspection and partial assembly. The UTVS are then sent to our USA facility in Riverside, California for final testing, fitting, and either enter final assembly for shipping to the ODES dealers network all over the World or sent partially assembled to the dealers for final assembly." Time will tell if Bennche or Odes stand the test of time like the Big 4.Plus the parts distribution network mean as much as the machine themselves.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hydrex
OK, here's a reply: It looks very nice, I like the red piping on the seat, nice touch. I know nothing about them, though. If they are made in Red China, I would not buy one. Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Canada, Mexico, Europe or the USA , no problem. I've been burned too many times with stuff from Red China. Right now, trying to start a 7.5KW Chinese generator, before I need it, dead as a door nail. end of rant. BTW I might check out that Power Steering kit for my next ATV, a 700 Diesel SD Arctic Cat.
Hydrex, Understand your concerns about "red china" products. I was very leery myself. After trying to work a deal on a Can Am, Polaris and an Artic Cat with not much luck, I started looking at the Odes Assailant. I began to establish report with my local Odes dealer, test rode a white assailant several times and decided that I would take the chance.

The EZ steer was about a 4 hour install, the instructions weren't the best and had to call the 1-800 number twice (the tech's were useless). I had a steering shaft bearing that was pressed on the oem shaft and needed it to re-install on the new shaft. Couldn't get a puller on it (no Room)

Odes Assailant steering shaft bearing

The PS works flawless!

Old 12-20-2016, 02:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by greg74
They appear to make some nice machines, much like CF Moto does. This machine in particular looks very much like a Can-Am Outlander. Reliability of CF Moto is not quite at the level of more established brands. Odes have only been making atvs for a very short time so reliability is unknown. These Odes machines might be better but most likely you're the only person on here who owns one, that's why nobody else has responded. Their dealers are spread out far and wide, most people have none near them. Atvs are expensive and most people on here don't like to buy something that they're not sure will be reliable. They prefer to buy something that has a reputation for quality, not something that has no track record at all. I do hope it proves to be a good machine for you.
Greg-I agree with what you wrote, I was skeptical, couldn't find anything about them on the WWW. I took the chance and so far I'm pleased. Time will tell.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Mike

Old 12-20-2016, 02:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Not many owner reviews good or bad on these yet ,but they appear to have a quality fit and finish. Usually takes a while for a new brand to get established, same as the Bennche that's assembled down here in my area.ATV | Bennche Gray Wolf 700 EFI Utility All Terrain Vehicle As far as the Odes this is from their website..

"To deliver the best in quality as well as the best price. We have sourced parts manufactures from Canada, USA, Mexico, Asia, Taiwan, Japan and more. We have put our parts and UTVS through extensive testing through 3,000 Mile tests to 2,000 on/off switch tests, to ensure our products meet the demands of the consumers. Our parts are purchased worldwide and sent to our factory in Asia for inspection and partial assembly. The UTVS are then sent to our USA facility in Riverside, California for final testing, fitting, and either enter final assembly for shipping to the ODES dealers network all over the World or sent partially assembled to the dealers for final assembly." Time will tell if Bennche or Odes stand the test of time like the Big 4.Plus the parts distribution network mean as much as the machine themselves.
Old Polaris tech-You are correct, not much data available on the Odes. I did notice when I was installing the PS that every electrical connector had dielectric grease and Loctite was used on assembly from the factory (not usual for Chinese product)

I've been wrenching on Harleys for 30+ Years and consider myself a decent mechanic. I have yet to find any issue's with this machine's fit and finish. Reliability on the other hand will take some time.

Agree on the parts network and availability statement. I did have my dealer order the PS from Odes but I'm sure that was dropped shipped from Super ATV. I'm going to begin purchasing some parts to have on hand (PLL as we called it in the Army) Wheel bearings, filters and various other things to have on hand. Got a killer deal on the PS, MSRP was $899 and I paid $649. Also feel I did good on the purchase of the Odes. Msrp was 0ver 8K, I paid 7K cash.

Mike

Old 12-20-2016, 02:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you might be the only one on here that has one. I guess there just isn't enough owner feedback so far to know how they last. It appears to be a fine machine, good looking for sure and that 800 engine makes good power. They put the same engine in the utvs as well.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by greg74
I think you might be the only one on here that has one. I guess there just isn't enough owner feedback so far to know how they last. It appears to be a fine machine, good looking for sure and that 800 engine makes good power. They put the same engine in the utvs as well.
I do believe I'm the only one on this forum. Yes, the engine is the same engine they have in the UTV. I've had mine just North of 70 MPH and fear slowed me down I was on blacktop, ran it about 2 Miles at 70MPH. At 74MPH I began to get a little steering wobble so I slowed her down.