Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Baja 90 Starting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 90 Starting Issue

Hello, I'm having an issue that I can't for the life of me solve. Last week, all of a sudden I no longer could start my quad, I turn the key and the Display, lights don't turn on, and starter won't engage. The only way I can start it is by jumping the solenoid via a screwdriver, but it is extremely annoying.

I've tried the following:
- Check battery charge
- Tried other battery (Yes a proper ATV battery)
- Press brakes (It has a safety start system when starter won't engage unless brakes are pressed)
- Had hey in on position

Not sure what to do, a friend told me I might have a blown fuse or short near the ignition? But not sure how to fix that.

Another weird thing I noticed it when I do not give throttle, the lights and display are lightless, but when pull the throttle the lights flicker in a weird way and get brighter, they dim again when I let go of throttle, this did NOT happen before when the power worked correctly.

Some additional info:
- Solenoid won't start the quad if the key is off or removed, does this mean the ignition is OK?
- Kill switch works
- Start button doesn't do anything, not even any sound.

Any ideas? I'm not very knowledgeable on ATV's.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

It would seem the main fuse has gone, you just have to find it. On the thick wire from battery to solenoid there will be a thinner one attached to one end of it. This goes to a fuse and then to the rectifier. Either the fuse has gone or this wire is broken.