Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Taotao 250d help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taotao 250d help

So i got this thing ran ok saw the front sprocket was toast put a new one on and a new chain which i had to cut to size and moved my axel back looked good.(waiting for a rear sprocket)Now it just skips and jumps in forward and simply grinds and barely moves in reverse. Where did i go wrong? Im hopeing i didnt bend a link in breaking the chain i did buy the tool for it. (new to mechanics in general)but would that cause this?

Old 01-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Are you sure you have the right pitch. Front sprocket and chain are the same as the rear. Is it jumping on rear sprocket? Rear could be warn enough that its jumping with the new chain

Old 01-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
Are you sure you have the right pitch. Front sprocket and chain are the same as the rear. Is it jumping on rear sprocket? Rear could be warn enough that its jumping with the new chain
Whats a pitch and i got them from whygostock rhe rear is in good condition the front had no teeth at all so im perplexed its running worse. Even does this with the old chain just in reverse...

Old 01-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Their are several different pitch of sprocket/chain. some may fit on others but will jump.... if you look at the old chain or sprocket it will have a 3 digit number stamped on it...

I made this mistake when I changed chains