Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

50cc Chinese ATV issue with video

Old 03-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Collar Bones
10mm can translate into being off quite a bit.

Maybe pull the plug, insert a drinking straw into the cylinder, then manually turn the crank and bring it to TDC, feeling for the top with the straw. Then see if the mark you used is aligned.

Do you have the link to the timing so we can look at it?
Sure, I followed this video although mine doesn't say lifelan on the side it's100% identical, you can skip to 15 mins where he starts talking about timeing

Thanks rich

Old 03-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Collar Bones
10mm can translate into being off quite a bit.

Maybe pull the plug, insert a drinking straw into the cylinder, then manually turn the crank and bring it to TDC, feeling for the top with the straw. Then see if the mark you used is aligned.

Do you have the link to the timing so we can look at it?

I have taken some pictures of what I mean about the timeing if you look at the fly wheel you can see it has 4 marks I'm not quite sure which one I should use

Old 03-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

As you can see from the bottom picture that looks pretty spot on to me but the top picture has so many markings I'm not sure which to use and I can't see any where to line it up on the casein either

Thanks rich

Old 03-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10mm would definitely cause running issues...Collas Bones is right on with finding TDC...I like the simple tools (straw)

Old 03-11-2017, 11:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

T is top dead centre, F is for checking the spark, though as it is fixed, many newer designs don't have this mark. Not sure what the others are. Are you sure you got the flywheel on the key, I seem to remember they can be tricky to get on without the key sliding out. The straw test will show if you have it wrong, as TDC on the piston should coincide with the T mark.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

My internet has been off for a week, just got back on.

The cam timing in your pic looks to be off the mark. Enough to cause a problem if it is. Looks to be off by at least one tooth.

As mentioned, the "T" mark is for TDC, but I can't tell where that mark is supposed to line up. I would check the flywheel key is installed right, then find TDC and see where that T lines up, just to reference a fixed point so it can be used when the cam timing is reset.