Classifieds, Garage Sale & Swap Shop Buy, Sell and Trade Goods.

LT230S partout

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LT230S partout

I have all of the factory parts for sale from an '88 Quadsport 230 as well as some additional parts that I have picked up. I'll post the highlights below, but feel free to ask me for a specific part, if you don't see something listed that you're interested in.

All 4 front ball joints are brand new: $50

The steering shaft is straight and has never been welded (I'm not making any claims about the strength of it though): $50

The front wheel bearings are new, but have been installed.

axle bearings that haven't been installed.

All four front control arms have fresh bearings in them: $75

LT250S swingarm that has been powdercoated a dark grey, and has new pivot bearings and a new pivot bolt installed, but never used. This swingarm is 1" longer than the LT230S swingarm. $150 (see picture below)

Parking Brake block-off: $15

Custom Shifter linkage: $10 (as seen on the vault.)

Side cover that's been powder coated black: $100 (NO Cracks)

OE front hood - blue $25

Maier front hood - blue (still in original package): $40

Mix of LT250R lower arms and LT250S upper arms that should give about 1.5" of extra width on each side. I started cutting on these to make them fit, but never really tested them. I think you will need to do the washer mod to get the camber set correctly. So the price is set to just cover the cost of shipping if anyone wants to finish this: $25.

LT250S cam: $125

LT250S or LT230S Cylinder/jug and piston: $80 (Whoever gets the LT250S Cylinder will get the matching head for free. It has a bolt hole that needs repair and is missing a valve retainer clip, no cam)

LT250S engine cases: $100 (There are no cracks. I purchased these, practiced powder coating on them and never installed them, so I don't know if there are any issues with them. There are none that I can see by looking at them.)

All prices above are shipped, unless I find that shipping is more expensive than expected. If you don't see a price, or don't like my price, then make me an offer. I will get pictures of an specific part that someone is interested in.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Since I can't edit the first post, I'll just repost the list every time something is sold. Here's the new list, minus the stuff that has sold, plus a few more items.

LT230S Answer Roost Boost: $60

LT250S swingarm that has been powdercoated a dark grey, and has new pivot bearings. This swingarm is 1" longer than the LT230S swingarm. $150 (see picture below)

LT230S swingarm (seen in picture above.) It has been repaired once, but it's straight. Needs bearings: $50

LT250S engine mounts: $50 (can be used to mount the LT250S engine into LT230S frame)

DG Muffler and head pipe (This muffler is old, rusted and is loud, but it really opens up the engine): $50

The steering stem is straight and has never been welded (I'm not making any claims about the strength of it though): $50

OE front hood - blue $25

Mix of LT250R lower arms and LT250S upper arms that should give about 1.5" of extra width on each side. I started cutting on these to make them fit, but never really tested them. I think you will need to do the washer mod to get the camber set correctly. So the price is set to just cover the cost of shipping if anyone wants to finish this project: $25.

LT230S Cylinder/jug and piston: $80

The following items are for pickup only at the moment.
LT230S engine (missing stator cover and left side housing is cracked): $100
LT250S bottom end (missing stator cover, clutch cover and left side housing is busted): $75
LT230S front OE wheels, with old worn out tires: $50
LT230S rear Aftermarket wheels (not sure of manufacturer): $75
Rear Axle, in good shape and is straight: $75

If you don't see a price beside a part, or don't like my price, then make me an offer. I will get pictures of any specific part that someone is interested in.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

I took the head and cylinder off the 230cc engine, so these parts are ready to ship if anyone needs them.

Also found a UNI filter and outerwear that attaches directly to the stock carb. $25 shipped.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j_mauld
I have all of the factory parts for sale from an '88 Quadsport 230 as well as some additional parts that I have picked up. I'll post the highlights below, but feel free to ask me for a specific part, if you don't see something listed that you're interested in.

All 4 front ball joints are brand new: $50

The steering shaft is straight and has never been welded (I'm not making any claims about the strength of it though): $50

All four front control arms have fresh bearings in them: $75

LT250S swingarm that has been powdercoated a dark grey, and has new pivot bearings and a new pivot bolt installed, but never used. This swingarm is 1" longer than the LT230S swingarm. $150 (see picture below)

Side cover that's been powder coated black: $100 (NO Cracks)

OE front hood - blue $25

Mix of LT250R lower arms and LT250S upper arms that should give about 1.5" of extra width on each side. I started cutting on these to make them fit, but never really tested them. I think you will need to do the washer mod to get the camber set correctly. So the price is set to just cover the cost of shipping if anyone wants to finish this: $25.

LT250S cam: $125

LT250S or LT230S Cylinder/jug and piston: $80 (Whoever gets the LT250S Cylinder will get the matching head for free. It has a bolt hole that needs repair and is missing a valve retainer clip, no cam)

LT250S engine cases: $100 (There are no cracks. I purchased these, practiced powder coating on them and never installed them, so I don't know if there are any issues with them. There are none that I can see by looking at them.)

All prices above are shipped, unless I find that shipping is more expensive than expected. If you don't see a price, or don't like my price, then make me an offer. I will get pictures of an specific part that someone is interested in.
J I am interested in the or blue hood for 25.00 n lt250r n lt250s arms for 25.00 could you sende pics n we can go thru PalPay again?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

PM sent, but you should just drive down here and pick it all up. Ill give you a great deal on all of it. .

Old 09-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know lol didn't you have it for sale for $450.00?

Old 09-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, I did at one time.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

More parts:

Aluminum grab bar with flag mount removed: $30

Headlight, mounting bracket and headlight shroud: $40

Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are both of the swing arms still available? I'm assuming the 250 swing arm will bolt right up to a 230? I just broke mine tonight and may need to pick one of these up if its not salvageable.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, both are still available. As long as you have a quadsport with the later style bearing, everything should bolt up. The only thing I did not confirm was if the stock brake line was long enough.

Also, make note of the lower shock mount. It's farther back, so this will also lower the back end a little.

Here is a picture of it installed.

Quick Reply: LT230S partout