Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

New England members

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New England members

Any folks in the New England area?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tons of us! New Hampshire here.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:08 AM
Trailblazer

Great, NH here too (seacoast).

I wonder, how many folks in this area are running those track systems on their machines? Are they that functional? I'm getting into a used 4wheeler for now, but within a couple of years I am going to get into a side x side....and I really want to consider the track system for it. Just want to make sure it's worth it. If everybody is finding they can get by with a good set of tires then I wouldn't likely do it.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Northern Mass. here.

If you get tracks in NH they make you get a snowmobile permit for winter riding. There are several areas that allow ATVs during the winter as long as the temperatures are below freezing and there is at least a 6" base of snow. Jericho Lake ATV Park in Berlin, Bear Brook State Park (was just there Saturday afternoon), and some of the private clubs like Sullivan County ATV in Claremont allow riding on groomed snowmobile trails. Mount Moosilauke ATV in Warren also allows ATVs in the winter. You can go from Warren, to Lincoln, and down to the Tilton area if there is enough snow.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Northern Mass. here. If you get tracks in NH they make you get a snowmobile permit for winter riding. There are several areas that allow ATVs during the winter as long as the temperatures are below freezing and there is at least a 6" base of snow. Jericho Lake ATV Park in Berlin, Bear Brook State Park (was just there Saturday afternoon), and some of the private clubs like Sullivan County ATV in Claremont allow riding on groomed snowmobile trails. Mount Moosilauke ATV in Warren also allows ATVs in the winter. You can go from Warren, to Lincoln, and down to the Tilton area if there is enough snow.
Wow, that's a little ridiculous! It's like $75+ to register a sled as a resident without a club membership. That answers that for me, I'll stick with tires!

When I rode a lot more often (10+ years ago) I did so in Maine & NH. Paper company land & private property with permission. It's unfortunate that a bunch of idiots ruined a lot of those privileges. I'd likely use this machine for ice fishing, trail riding in Summer time, hunting in the fall.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride in the winter with my regular ATV tires but not as many miles. If you plan on getting a side x side be careful because a lot of trails are limited to 50" width.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not too worried about trail width. I don't do all that much "trail" riding. And what trail riding I do it is on larger trails. By in large I did/plan to do most of my riding on dirt roads & private land/roads/trails (friends in Maine & NH). And then there is all the ice fishing on Newfound Lake...lol