Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Mud Lites

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Lites

Whats up everyone?

I'm considering putting some Mud Lites on my Polaris 500 Sportsman. Does anyone know if these do good in the mud??? I am not going to be putting them in really deep mud but just wanted to know if I will see a difference when I do get off in a hole? Any help??????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mud Lites

yeah they do good but they hop pretty bad on hard terrain at low speed. i also have swamplites made by interco. they do about as good in mud and their tread design gives a smoother ride. any mudder with alot of spaceing between the lugs makes for a bumpy low speed ride but i think that the larger lugs with more spaceing is more effective for all mud all the time. guess it depends how much time you spend on hard pack when your not in the mud. they dont hop quite as bad if you keep them down to 2 or 3 pounds of pressure. hope that helps you.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'
Default Mud Lites

They are an excellent tire. I purchased the ITP Terracross and they are smoother than the Mudlite and incredibly smooth on hard packed terrain. Excellent in the mud.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Mud Lites

there awsome in deep mud, they are not a tire for rocks thats for sure. mud cat

Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Range Rover
Default Mud Lites

im thinking aboutthe xtr's my self costly at 500 bucks for 4 of them. got to be better then a half woren out reg mud lites that seems to work ok in some pretty think mud.. it all depends if someone went through that big mud hole lots of times with some 30s or something, i have a nice track set up, then the next week i was geting stuck every 20 feet.

i dont know how people get 30s on they bike even with a 2 inch lift. without the tires hitting the foot rest on either the front or back side of it ?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mud Lites

all the tires you guys mentioned i think have proven themselves. still i think the ability of the rider and skill level in the mud goes a long way. to answer the original question, i think the mudlite is a good choice. like i said, i have a set. just keep them at 2-3 pounds and youll be good. as for the monster 30's, sometimes i think its mostly for show..just mho

Old 03-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!
Default Mud Lites

I have had problems with Mudlites in the past (as had many others) due to slices in the sidewall. I'm not sure where the slices came from though I believe it was shale. I have had other aftermarket (and stock) tires over the past 12 years or so, and the Mudlites are the only tires I had problems with. Also realize in most cases, the Mudlites will measure smaller than their actual size.
Hope this helps.
Buck

Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Mud Lites

Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mud Lites

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mud Cat

there awsome in deep mud, they are not a tire for rocks thats for sure. mud cat</end quote></div>

I'll second that. Sidewalls get cut up easy on rocks. I'll be trying a different tire next time around.

Check these out: GBC Grim Reaper 8 ply tire

They look like an ITP terracross and are 8 ply instead of 6 ply. Might me my next tire?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:35 AM
BPM
Range Rover
Default Mud Lites

Just bought a set of grim reapers on ITP 14" black SS212 wheels. They have a lot more tread on them than it looks in the pictures. Pretty narly looking!! They look like they'll do great in the mud as for hard sufaces they are really smooth. Haven't had them in the mud yet. Tires are about 16lbs a piece.

Quick Reply: Mud Lites