Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

One last tire question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One last tire question

I hope I am not bugging you all too much. I may be guilty of over-anylazation at this point. I am still trying to settle on some tires for my honda 300. I sold my tires to my friend with a rancher. They wouldn't change out so we traded wheels. Which means I have 12 inch on front and 10 inch on back. It has some almost worn out swamp lites on the front and decent Carlisle AT 489's on the back. It rides a TON smoother already. What do you think i can get in a ride with Dirt Devils? that Polaris I have for a project has the exact same tire sizes I want on it, front and back. Almost new. Means no money spent for now. But if I swap em out and they ride as rough as those Trax Max tires did, no good. I have been given the reccomendation of Bearclaws. I have also been looking at some Kenda Pathfinders that I like the look of. They are an OEM replacement. I kinda like those Carlisle at 489s. And I have heard lots of good things about Carlisle Black Rock. Lastly I have Maxxis Bighorns still in my site and Interco reptiles have me wondering. I guess my main need ina smoother riding tire is not really in how it rides in hardpack but how the sidewall gives when the tires hit rocks in the trails? Please help me one last time. I am about to pull the plunge on something very quick. Thanks everyone!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see it has been three weeks since you posted this question. If you haven't made your purchase yet, I will tell you that you won't find a better, smoother riding tire than the Bighorns. If you have already made your purchase, what did you decide on?