Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Polaris magnum 425 cam shaft spec.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 110 jet was in there when I bought it but I changed it to a 1:25 about a year ago and it ran ok but it never got up to speed my Honda 250 would whip it, I noticed when I was up camping I took the airbox off and I was looking at the carburetor from behind it and the slide with the needle never got above half way up but if I stuck my hand in there lifted it with the throttle punched it would start moving pretty good but I still haven't gotten to that point just got done putting the clutch cover on its not rubbing I think the tiny bit of movement I'm seeing from the primary clutch is just from the tension of the belt when its all the way revved up I tried to wiggle the primary clutch it wont move up and down or side to side just got done putting in the 137.5 with the adjustment screw two and a quarter turns out and it runs like crap

Old 09-01-2015, 03:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

So I was just looking at the diagram of the BST 34 carburetor and what I noticed is the diaphragm spring in the diagram is different than mine, mine is in 2 pieces so I'm guessing that's part of the hootenanny horse sSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word * the guy before me did do you think that could possibly be part of my throttle response that is lacking. Secondly when I'm talking about adjusting the screw it is number 25 on the diagram you sent me the adjuster maybe you can help me understand if that is for fuel or for air, did I mention I'm tired of working on this thing.Thanks OPT

Old 09-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Possibly previous owner cut the spring for some strange reason.Possibly thinking the slide would lift quicker. People have cut small sections off slide springs before mainly in multiple carb set ups on street bikes to allow less tension on the slide,but if it's in two pieces that's probably the reason the slide is binding up not being able to fully lift.. Get a new spring! Item #25 is for fuel only and for the pilot(idle jet) mainly. 2 1/4 turns should be okay once you get the rest of the carb fixed right.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

So I went and got the new spring and installed it put a 132.5 jet in it and low and behold it actually has a throttle response that it's never had the spring was so soft compared to what numb nuts put in. Runs really good for a sec. Under load then would bog I put a uni air filter in it about a year ago with the foam around it that you oil.I took the snorkel sock off of it and it runs like it's never ran before I had to stop riding it before I had to go get new tires it's actually kinda fast.. my grizzly 660 would blow it away but that's 200 more cc's. Anyway thanks for sticking through this with me and all the replies your a cool dude.I'm gonna order front struts for this machine any input on that would be great thanks again OPT

Old 09-02-2015, 02:16 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Figured the new spring would help,plus with an Uni foam filter you don't need that snorkel sock as it restricts air flow as you've found out. Glad it's finally running ok.