Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Need good aftermarket or stick kids ATV shocks

Old 02-11-2017, 07:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need good aftermarket or stock kids ATV shocks

Hey everybody.

I bought my son a cheapo Chinese ATV. Overall it's actually quite good. Well after I tore it apart and put it all back together with proper torque, grease and thread locker.

But the shocks are absolute crap. They are over sprung and have no damping at all. I'm pretty sure they are absolute fakes.

So I've been looking online for replacements and can't find any. I don't want to buy the $20 eBay specials since I believe they will be the same fakes. I'm looking for something decent aftermarket or OEM from a kids ATV made by one of the big names like Yamaha, Kawasaki etc.

Specs are rear: 9.5" eye to eye with 7.4mm spring front: 10.5" eye to eye with 6.2mm spring.

I want to keep the height the same but want to do the spring chill diameter on the rear to around 6mm and front to around 5mm. Compression and or Rebound adjustability would be nice if aftermarket. But simply a real shock with no adjustability but real compression and rebound function would be fine to lol.

Can anybody help with aftermarket or something from any name brand ATV that would fit the bill?

Last edited by askacel; 02-11-2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Title