Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Gecko Paddle

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gecko Paddle

For just cruising the dunes they will be ok.If you're into racing,you will not like them.Haulers are the way to go for racing.Just depends on what you plan to do with them.We tried a set of geckos on my wife's banshee.They spun like crazy.I now have some haulers for her banshee,and they will do alot better.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gecko Paddle

I love Geckos, and hate sand stars. IMO Geckos hook up lots better, and handle better then the sand stars. In the near future Im going to sell my sand stars, and get some 10 paddle geckos and try them out.
Ive read where a lot of people trash the geckos, but I dont see why. Ive tried a lot of sand tires, and Haulers and Geckos are my 2 top favorites.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gecko Paddle

Well they seam to hook up for me. I do not like the way they bounce compared to my Dunlop radial tires on hard ground. But letting the Geckos down to 2.5 psi. helped the bouncing problem and also helped the way they hook up in the sand. I have to be careful dropping the clutch in the sand now, the front end comes up real fast.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default Gecko Paddle

I have a set of Geckos, great for turning and sliding. They rest on my wifes quad now, I like to drag so they werent the best tire for me. I put a set of Haulers on my bike (I wish they turned a little better). I have been contemplating getting a set of v-paddles (2nd set) for when I just want to mess around sliding and throwing fans of sand. I will say if you dont drag race then they will be fine and you will like them.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gecko Paddle

You guys gotta be kidding!!! I ride with other guys that have the gecko's and they cant go where I go at all. Those sob's just spin and spin. You cant even really get started if you're down in a hole. Sandstars are alot better tire. they will atleast get ya out of the holes instead of havin to be winched out like the gecko's. But then again, I like my extremes more than the sandstars I had. Just dont even bother with the geckos. They will just frustrate the hell out of ya and I can almost guarantee that you will be buying a different kind after you see what the other quads can do with the better paddles on them.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Trailblazer
Default Gecko Paddle

maybe I am a special case here but I love the geckos. I have tried sand stars and sharks on my atc250r and nothing has hooked up and given me the control I needed on my 3 wheeler like the geckos. maybe they are different on quads but they are perfect for my atc. they really allow me to get the ***-end into a slide which you do alot of when you ride on 3 wheels. if you ride and atc and are looking for a good paddle that works really well on 3 wheelers I would definately recommend them. I can't really speak for how they perform on quads though.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gecko Paddle

you ever tried skat=trak on your atc?

Old 02-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default Gecko Paddle

no I haven't tried any skat traks. Are they good tires? I have heard soto me good things about them. I'm getting close to buying some new ones.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gecko Paddle

yes deffently... a lil more $ but alot lighter and you can climb hills and dragrace better... totally worth it. They're nice especially for 2 strokes. give em a try. I've tried sandstars and they arent even compareable to the skat=trak haulers and extremes.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default Gecko Paddle

I know that the haulers just have straight paddles right? I really don't like straights on my atc because they don't give me the control in the ***-end that I am looking for. What do the extremes look like? what is the best price you have seen on them? oh, and does any one know where you can buy some 10" anodized gold rims? I haven't ever been able to find them. I want to stay with the gold rims on my atc but I have 9's on mine and I want some larger rims.

Quick Reply: Gecko Paddle