Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

KERMIT CHATTER

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

I need a sticker on my quad "CAUTION: Rider may BAIL at any time" ! Duck and roll.
On sand the landing is not much worse than water skiing...The last thing I want is to get tangled up with the machine!! Of course, I'm not worried about breaking my neck cause I got a bucket on my head.
On rugged terrain I'll ride it out.
Should have included in the guideline page?
RULE #1 Never put your feet down. Sampson it will make you walk funny. Also my worst injury (that or the hole). Can some one get the quad off you when it chews you up, racers do not have reverse?!
Rule #2 Do not use front brake on downhill run. My friend demonstrated this manuver T-giving. Brand spanking new Raptor 700, she had that moment of hesitation about direction to take at the bottom...did the full front filp with a half twist and was still mounted at the bottom of the hill. Yea, her neck was SORE.
Rule #3 Feather the clutch on short uphill run. Do not rev the engine and pop the clutch...lol a Tecate 3 wheeler will shoot out from under you like a bullett. Yes, I did that one on a sand (ramp) bump not ten feet from parking (I was not in 2nd gear like I thought). My favorite place to pull a stunt is full view! Or on the trail..."do you think you can make it up?"..."oh, yea...I'll GET IT!"
Rule #4 They don't call it a FIXED object for no reason.
Rule #5 Nylon rain pants are slick. You could loose your mount in the turn. The Kid demonstrated this one.
Rule #6 Your not Tarzan. Stay out of the trees. Only time blood was involved, right Tarzan?
Rule #7 Dismount on uphill side and hold on till help arrives. I didn't want to break my plastic!
Rule #8 A quad is not a bumper car. Dad, unless you knocking someone off a tree stump before they tip over and roll down the mountian side.
Rule #9 Carry at least 1 extra spark plug for each quad and/or a tow rope. Happened several times.
Rule #10 If the quad is steaming or smoking...get off, walk away! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rule #11 Once you launch the quad, THE BRAKES DO NOT WORK IN THE AIR.
Rule #12 Gas it! Ride it like you rented it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 02:37 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Had a buddy trying to learn how to wheelie and wrecked like 15 times in one day. Had a bloody chin from where he hit the handle bars but that was it. I'll give him credit though, the guy kept getting back up.

Been funnier though if it hadn't been on my trike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

ewww, it's never good when they are on your machines!

Old 01-24-2006, 08:43 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Could have been worse I guess. I was pretty good at doing wheelies doubled up but the first time I took my wife out (then GF) we went off the back and I landed right on top of her.

And you guys thought running out of gas was slick? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Range Rover
Default KERMIT CHATTER

LOL! i bet you never lived that one down! i lost a passenger once....i couldnt understand why he never wanted to ride with me again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

I swept my snowmobile passenger off with a tree limb!!
"why didn't you tell me to duck!!"
He did get back on thou[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Range Rover
Default KERMIT CHATTER

gotta love those passengers! i dont know how they do it, i feel helpless when i ride behind someone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

I've only dumped one person. It was their first time on a quad too. If that wasn't enough, it was a Quadzilla. Didn't think I'd ever here the end of it. Occasionally, she still does remind me. Sorry honey. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: KeelGirl22
i feel helpless when i ride behind someone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I no longer ride on asphalt.
Helpless is sitting on a Kawasaki Ninja street bike (I'm the passenger) at the red light; alone no one on the street. The light changes to green, we begin to accelerate and I'm sitting on this idiots hood.
HOW THE HECK CAN YOU RUN OVER 2 PEOPLE IN A LIT INTERSECTION WHEN THEY ARE AT THE TIP OF YOUR NOSE! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
6 <u>MONTHS</u> in a leg cast, 8 stiches to the back of my head (no concussion, whew) and a very small scrape on my ankle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

How does plaster all the way up to your butt affect your sex life?
NOT AT ALL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU...ROFLMAO

Quick Reply: KERMIT CHATTER