Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

ROKETA gk-32 800cc overheating problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROKETA gk-32 800cc overheating problem

Any body want to talk about the overheating problem on the roketa 800cc??
ALL the dealers, and the factory says the havent had any problems. B.S.
I have talked to people that have had the same problem I had.
Amyone solved it yet?

Old 03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer

I had the problem once, I found a loose wire that was causing the fan to quit. Replacing the connectors fixed it.
Others have stated that the fan is bi-directional and it was running in the wrong position.
Others have completely replaced the radiator with automotive alternatives. If you want to do this swap, go to buggynews.com and run a search. There are a bunch of us 800cc, 1000cc, and 1100cc buggy owners over there. Lots of mods for the buggies.

Have you had CV problems yet...It is a known concern, and many have failed. The company that builds for gorilla axles is fabricating a fix, Mine should be delivered shortly.

Mods include ...weber carb upgrades, headers, turbo's, lower geared transmissions, axles, firewalls, shocks, etc. One member has shaved and ported the head. he is putting in a hotter chip, and setting it up for NO2. We are all waiting for his results.

There are stock dyno numbers available and performance dyno results as well.
I know I am late in responding,but...

hope this helps.

Chris

Old 05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had this same issue but had nothing to do with wiring. I was suprised to see that radiator location, low and behind engine was forcing hot air from exhaust manifold into radiator. These engines run hot as it is. I decided best option was to mod cart and relocate radiator to top of rack at back of cart. A few simple welds to make a frame and some new hose from NAPA did the trick and then some. Also switched Chinese crap antifreeze to Sierra at a 50/50 blend and it never runs hot since and no boilovers. Also tweaked timing a bit, did oil change at 30 hours with 15W40 weight. RUns like the wind and purrs like a kitten. Also changed plug wires and plugs with NAPA brand and have zero complaints. All these mods can be done in a day and have been well worth it. Was getting worried that I bought a dog but now I have a greyhound!

Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey NICNACS1 !! Brother..I need your help. I have consistently suffered with a variety of issues concerning my <span class="FTHighlightFont">2005 Roketa 800cc-Carburated kart</span ft>. Obviously you have identified most of them; therefore, I would like to speak with you directly at some point in time, for a detailed discussion. Believe me, my wife and kids are really sick of me screaming my head off every time we "attempt" to "enjoy" this kart.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

love those cheaply made buggy form China

Old 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ROKETA gk-32 800cc overheating problem"></title><script src=

have the 650 cc 4 x 4 utv major overheating problem i changed the water pump nasty chinese corrosive antifreeze,thermostat 6 times,pulled all hoses checked everything for blockage none,pulled water pump again to make sure was right.still same chinese crapola ploblem,hose design from hell,cuz cant get to radiator so fill is at top of dash.so after being pissed for 11 months,and left sitting, while i was useing the yerf dog, air cooled thank god cuz its a roketa too,i started the crap all over again.got on internet found a guy called pilasters garage in springfield missouri,talk to him said he works on that crap all the time,told me water pump just kinda moves the water, really doesn't pump it,said burp it,drill some holes in thermostat,fll from very top of motor,and fill rest from dash radiator cap.then said don't be surprised if you have to turn it onit side,i said it weighs 800 lbs,he said i don't care how much it weighs don't be surprise you might have too.but thank god i didn't. after i burp out all air its not overheated since.but lets see what happens,to all the other issues chinese crap will do.i think i will sell it add money too it and buy a japanese mobile.chinese do not have any engineering,this is why there stuff sucks...oh yea when you lower bed and seat belt is hanging out it catches the fender and ripps it to pieces,but i blame that on the person who did it and it was not me but one of my workers.smart huh.crazy in missouri waiting for the next chinese issue.and getting parts thats a whole other story....good luck,remember burp it, water pump wont move air pocket...

Old 03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Roketa 800cc Carb

I have a Roketa 800cc buggy with the 2 barrel carb, took it apart to clean out the float bowl and ended up dropping a small ball berring out of the carb and a small brass rod type thying any idea where it might go???

PLEASE HELP