Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Little sahara sand dunes

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little sahara sand dunes

hey guys,
im heading out to little sahara ok this weekend with my 04 400ex.
Can anyone tell me about litttle sahara? Any tips about dunes?
Will anyone else be out there this weekend? Looking for a group to ride with also.

2004 400ex
hmf full pipe
k&n airfilter with airfilter mods
racing clutch
mouth front bumper
pro taper handlebars
All black nerf bars pro am

Old 08-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i presume you know how to get there. you'll need a flag for your quad. they got plenty of shops, mechanics, parts houses, and just about anything else you need if you need to upgrade your paddles, mags/rims/wheels, or whatever else you might need. heck, i've heard of folks trading/selling/buying quads up there over a weekend. lots of rigs to check out.

Little Sahara State Park | TravelOK.com - Oklahoma's Official Travel & Tourism Site

pay special attention to how quick them hayabusa/ninja powered hybrid quads climb the dunes without grunting. they're impressive. you'll know which ones they are, they're out front and sound different.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer

i will make sure to keep my look out. Really wish i know someone else thats going right now its just me and my dad, which my dads renting a fourwheeler and mostly taking pictures and recording me lol.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

enjoy the time with your dad. i'm sure he'll have a blast watching you. BUT, there are trails in the wooded areas that lie on the edges of the dunes. that'll help y'all grab some shade and coolness. don't forget to strap a cooler full of gatorade/water to your quad. please pack a tow strap also, you never can tell what'll let loose on your quad or his. we have a lot of folks from around the Texas panhandle (amarillo area) that go to waynoka dang near every weekend. it'll be fun. i don't do dunes. if i do sand, there better be water around it. .

Old 08-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

will do thanks for the tips

Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

pack you a lot of food, water/beverages, and supplies. sure they have some in the surrounding towns, not sure of pricing, but they'll take care of you. have fun, take lots of pics and don't forget to post back on your trip and make an album in your profile. we'll check it out.

see ya and have a good weekend!!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh, one more thing, be careful running the underside of the rims of certain dunes, you'll have the evel knievel wannabees coming up one side and flying down the dunes' backside trying to catch some "serious air". you'll figure out which dunes they are that way nobody rips your head off with their wheels or lands on top of you. that'd suck and ruin your weekend. have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going in August? you must like to fry !!...lol. it will be a bit warm this time of year, also, when I was there, the dunes were unregulated, that is, no directional rules, both sides could be climbed in different directions, so if you are planning to run a big dune, might not be a bad idea to have a spotter on top checking for oncoming traffic. Not fun to crest a dune at full throttle and see a Jeep grill coming at you.....
Silver Lake dunes in Michigan are regulated, you can only go one direction in the outer dunes, and once you crest the top, you must continue to the bottom,so much less chance of collisions.
Either way, be safe, stay hydrated and HAVE FUN !!!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

ya its my early birthday present, Its a 6 hour drive but should be worth it.Also my dasd will be spotting me so it should be all good.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

"cold front" moving in. just looked at the weather for waynoka. 88-94°F starting friday. humidity and heat index may get you though, BUT, keep moving, you'll stay cool.

Quick Reply: Little sahara sand dunes