Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

hop up parts for Kasea SLED 90???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 02:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Is there anybody outhere that makes or know of hop up parts for a kasea 90?
It is really disappointing compared to my Lt-80, although it has a bigbore and stroker in it. I bought a kasea 90 because I heard they were so fast. Alan Knowles at CT did the bigbore for me and TDR did the stroker for me they both are great engine builders, probably the best in the industry.

Hope somebody can help me beacuse i am about to junk this thing.

Thanks alot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2001, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

You do have the best youth atv on the market. I believe the problem is that you went to engine builders who may not know what needs to be done to the Kasea -- Sure, they may be fine engine builders but the youth atv engine requires some special science. I probably have the fastest Kasea in the States. Whether running pump gas on the mx track or running special fuels in a backup engine for flat drags, it is actually too fast for kids (I find myself limiting top speed). Pretty tall statement but true.

I have made a custom pipe, billet head, custom cyl, water cooled cylinders, up to a 45mm stroke, custom cdi, nerfs, special reeds, 20mm carb, 24mm carb, 28mm carb, intake manifolds, complete transmissions, primary gears, secondary gears, final gears (520 chain size), billet wet trans gear cover with roller bearings, dry trans cover spacer plate, Digital total loss ignition system with EPROM burner, billet gas cap, custom rims for sand or mx, lengthened swing arms up to +4, etc.

There is no LT-80 that will ever touch the Kasea -- reason is the LT-80 engine is just a bad design from the get go. We have raced a 92cc Kasea in (MX) and (Drag) against a fully built 105cc CT LT-80 with the LRD pipe and the LT-80 (105) was lost in the weeds. That is not to say that the LT-80 is not fast it just can't do what the Kasea can do.

Send me a copy of your build sheet or list the work performed. I can get you on the right track. While waiting, don't crap on the Kasea just because your choice of performance shop let you down.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Kasea is the best looking and best performing youth atv on the market. Currently 50 and 90cc atv’s s are marketed by Suzuki, Eton, Polairs, Aeon (Alpha Sports), Sundiro, T-Rex, Jehm, Kasea, Bombardier, Husky, Extreme Machine, Artic Cat, Yerf Dog, Manco, Dinli Helix (has an untested reverse feature), LEM and other manufacturers. Of the many atv manufacturers, Kasea offers features that go beyond the “other guys.” Virtually all of the youth atv’s are equipped with fully automatic CVT transmissions and a 2 stroke oil injected engine, the features that make Kasea superior to other youth atv’s begin here:

Front suspension
The Kasea front suspension is much stronger than that Eton, Polairs, Aeon (Alpha Sports), Sundiro, T-Rex, Jehm, Bombardier, Husky, Blazer, Extreme Machine, Artic Cat, Yerf Dog, Manco, Dinli Helix, LEM and some other manufacturers. The Kasea uses a double clevis style knuckle holder rather than the more common single holder. We believe that only Suzuki uses the same strong design as Kasea on the front suspension a-arms.

Rear suspension
The Kasea has the strongest youth atv rear swing arm and axle design on the market. It is a copy of the trusted design used by Yamaha on their performance atv’s since the early 1980’s. No other youth atv has this strong of a rear suspension – it is simply the best. Many of the other youth atv’s don’t even offer a true sport atv style rear axle. We have found most youth atv’s have a rear axle that is a thin metal shaft covered with tubing. Not only is the tube covered design weaker, it allows water to easily enter the carrier bearing area. Other youth atv’s such as the Suzuki LT-80 and an Eton atv model do not even use a traditional rear swing arm. They elected to make the engine and transmission serve as the rear swing arm. The Suzuki and Eton design causes handling problems and is very difficult to modify for increased performance. On the Polaris and a few other models, the rear swing arm, although slightly longer, is too weak to be considered adequate.

Shock absorbers
Kasea built their atv’s with true rebound dampening Showa shocks that also feature compression preload spring adjusters. The only other youth atv that we have found that has a similar rear shock is Bombardier. Not even Suzuki has a good rear shock. This is a very important safety feature that is often overlooked. When the Kasea is ridden over a large sudden bump, the rebound dampening helps prevent the atv from “bucking” forward as the shock returns to its normal height.

Braking system
Kasea offers a traditional rear foot brake in addition to the front hand brake. This will allow your young rider to learn the proper use of hand and foot controls so he/she will be ready to advance to a full size atv with a manual clutch without relearning their riding technique. Some models such as the Blazer and Bombardier use full size levers that are hard for little hands to properly grip. We will point out that the T-Rex, Manco, Sundiro and Yerf Dog have a rear disc brake but we feel that the drum brake in the youth market is sufficient for even racing needs.

Optional lighting
We believe that only the Kasea is equipped with a 80+ watt lighting coil and is pre-wired for lighting from the factory. All you need to do is purchase the Kasea lighting set that is found as standard equipment on the Kasea 150 atv or simply mount your own lights to the existing wiring. The key switch uses a third position to turn on the lights. Kasea even pre wired for a rear safety light and lighting for your whip antenna. No other youth atv on the market has this much lighting capability. If you want to add lighting to the Suzuki LT80, you will need a special electrical stator and wiring at a substantial cost. LT80 lighting kits that run off the battery only will result in a dead battery and a long walk home.

Starting
Kasea, like most other youth atv’s, offers electric starting with a manual back up kick starter and a fully automatic choke. Kasea studied the other atv’s and took the ease of starting one step further. They added an automatic fuel valve. When the engine starts, the fuel is automatically turned on. When the engine stops, the fuel is automatically shut off. In comparison, the Suzuki and LEM have manual chokes and all other youth atv’s have manual fuel valves. We also note that if you want to add a manual back up starter to the Suzuki, it is a pull rope recoil starter that will cost an additional $80. In the unlikely event that you ever need a replacement electric starter for the Kasea, it will cost about $50 and can be installed in 5 minutes. The Suzuki starter costs about $250 and will require hours of labor to complete the installation.

Rim sizes
Here, you can easily install replacement rims of your choice! The front hubs use the common 4/110 bolt pattern (Honda) (a quick hub mod needed) and the rear uses the common 4/100 bolt pattern (Blaster).

General Parts
Since most of the youth atv engines are similar (Except Suzuki and LEM), finding parts is usually not a problem. If you need gaskets, air filters, batteries, spark plugs, chain, tires or some basic engine components, Eton, Polairs, Aeon (Alpha Sports), Sundiro, T-Rex, Jehm, Kasea, Bombardier, Husky, Blazer, Extreme Machine, Artic Cat, Yerf Dog, Manco, Dinli Helix, will interchange. The Blazer, T-Rex, Bombardier, Yerf Dog, Manico and Polaris have a longer drive belt and side case cover though.

General Notes
The Kasea is one of the few youth atv’s that does not provide a full floor board for the youth rider’s feet. We have studied this issue and believe that the floorboard design may not be as good as claimed. In the event that the rider’s foot gets wet or the board gets wet or covered with debris, it becomes a slippery dangerous platform. Kasea uses foot pegs just like a traditional atv. To improve any youth atv, we suggest that a good nerf bar with foot pegs and narrow spaced nets be added.

Speed
Kasea voluntarily follows the maximum speed limit recommendations of the Consumer Products Safety Commission. You may find other brands of youth atv’s offered for sale that are “faster” than the Kasea; however, those atv’s most likely do not comply with the CPSC regulations. For a new rider, there is no need for the extra speed.

Performance
From an aftermarket standpoint, like I said in the above post, I have the performance modifications for your youth atv. As your child grows, so will his/her ability to control more power. Instead of placing your child on a larger atv that can be dangerous for a younger rider to properly control, modifying a youth atv will provide the challenge that your child desires. A special 4130 alloy frame is also in the works!

I challenge anyone to find any of my statements about the Kasea not true.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I challenge anyone to find any of my statements about the Kasea not true".

Friggin relax... professor. Are you a stock holder in the company or what?

Yes, per your noted information I agree with you it apears to be a very nice, well built ATV. It's good to see some quality advancement in the mini ranks.

Rude Dog

Fast riders stay to the left.

Old 12-22-2001, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Dog,

I just figured that I was going to be up against the LT80 crowd. No stock in Kasea but I do talk with them from time to time.

Old 12-22-2001, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raptor720:

No problem.... The Kasea sounds real appealing. You have got my curiosity going now. When I get a chance, I'm going to locate a stocking dealer and go check them out in person!

Hey, are you going to be out @ Glamis after Xmas? Hope so as I'd like to see your Raptor in action!

Rude Dog

Old 12-24-2001, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

"rAPTOR 720"
first off:
I serously doubt you have the fatest kasea in the nation,(fastest banshee two and raptor,and 250r blah blah blah -whatever!)

second off:
Dont get me wrong the kasea aint that bad off, mine did turn some impressive numbers on the dyno 21hp at the rear wheels, but compared to my lt-80 which put out 27hp at the rear wheels, both with no funny fuels just trick race gas straight.
"I believe the problem is that you went to engine builders who may not know what needs to be done to the Kasea"I BUILD ALL MY OWN MOTORS FYI
THEY JUST DO THE MACHINE WORK FOR ME

third off:
"There is no LT-80 that will ever touch the Kasea -- reason is the LT-80 engine is just a bad design from the get go"
Well please have looked at the port designs of both motors, YES the ports are smaller and there is less dwell time in the lt-80 but if you know how a two-stroke works, that is just a LITTLE set back!!!
Have you ever heard of AUXilary transfers and filling the crank case, so the draw is that much stronger, in return fixing the short dwell time.
I hope nobody would spend that much time on a kasea to fix the port desing flaws it has, because the bike does not seem to be up to par!!!!
I mean why did the not spend more time on the crank, I mean come on thats 75% of where the intake draw starts from! Even you have to agree that the lt-80 has much better blow down than the kasea!!! The angle on the transfers is way off for christ-sakes.

fourth off:
The kasea yes does have two cool spots for headlight i give it that!!
but as for anything else its just better off as a boat anchor cause it weights a ton.

just my two cents dont take it to heart!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2001, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I just love you LT80 guys. Put a ton of $$ in a pogo stick LT80.

We need to set up a Winter Nationals for the mini's using adult riders.

27hp on a LT80 that is highly questionable -- I will be the first in the line to call BS. As for the stock cylinder on the Kasea, it is just fine for stock but billet cylinders is the way to go.

Old 12-24-2001, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

well call it what you want but i have dyno sheets available for you

So thats all you have to say for the kasea huh I guess ther aint much or did you not understand the working of a two stroke motor?
I can explain in lamens for you if needed

For someone that loves there kasea so much sure a short reply!!
Do you any hp numbers, for your kasea and proof???

SO you have billet cylinders for the kasea how much and how long will take to get one???????????????????????
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

YES PLEASE DO GET THE RACES SET UP FOR SURE AND I WILL DRIVE FROM CO TO BEAT EVERYBODY THERE!!! CAN YOU GET DRAGS SETUP TO AT THE SAME TIME PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED

Old 12-24-2001, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

I have alot to say about Kasea's but when it is clear that you love your Pogo Stick, why waste the energy. I have dyno pulls on the Kasea with various engine configs depending on the use. If you are serious about building one, lets talk.

Quick Reply: hop up parts for Kasea SLED 90???