Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Paiute Trail, Utah

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
I hope you get out here again too Moose. Hopefully we can put on a few more miles together now that my schedule has loosened up.

A few of my friends are starting to plan to ride The Outlaw Trail. Its about 250 miles from me but still in Utah. It looks like a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mYr...ature=youtu.be
I'm kind of grounded for now. My mother, Grandma Moose, isn't doing well. Had to put her in a nursing home because of fall risk. She fell last night too. Was at the hospital until midnight. It's day to day. If it works out I wouldn't mind coming out again. Not sure if anyone else could make it.

Yes, Specta is experienced. He's experienced crashes, poor downed tree crossing, scratches, bruises, and more.

Outlaw trail reminds me of some of the rough rocky hill climbs here, only longer. The kind of trail where you keep asking yourself if you're having fun yet.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about Grandma Moose. :cry:

If you come out again I'll make time for you, promise.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:47 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sucks that Grandma Moose isn't doing well. My mom is doing really well physically but has had dementia for years. Physical or mental, it seems you can't have everything.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:16 AM
Pro Rider

I think everybody is missing something in their life.

I'm headed north for the weekend. It looks like the perfect day to travel.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

A good friend made me a few new t-shirts. This one matches my ATV.

I also had a custom license plate frame made for my truck.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
It sucks that Grandma Moose isn't doing well. My mom is doing really well physically but has had dementia for years. Physical or mental, it seems you can't have everything.
She and my stepfather had been declining a bit over the last couple years. She has arthritis in her hips, back, and knees. He fell down last summer and she went to pick him up. He was about 180 at the time. She messed up her back to the point she needed a walker for the first time. They both fell many times between last summer and now. Ones we knew about and ones they didn't tell anyone. She hit her head on at least a few of those times. We know about 5 of them. She now has dementia. Scary for sure. And she's getting more frail. Never thought I'd be saying that about my German framed mother. Busy time for all of us.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Sure sorry to hear this Moose.
I lost my mom to dementia when she was 89, dad to old old age at 92. They passed 6 months apart about 8 year ago. I sure do moss them.

Looks like I got stuck camping again.

I attended a Wake Friday evening in Salt Lake City for a close friend who passed away after a 9 year battle with cancer.

I'm having followup brain MRI & ct-scans Monday and Dr appointment Tuesday morning so instead of driving back home Friday
night (200 miles) and then back to SLC I camped about 50 miles out of SLC at an open OHV area called 5-Mile Pass.

I'm going to stay in an RV park Monday night that's only about 15 minutes from the hospital.

The RV park gives Huntsman patients a discount so the stay is only $20.
I think that's awesome that they do that.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?

kick it Specta! I've put off my follow-up scans that were 6 months due in Jan. best of the best luck to you. Gotta love showing up with a camper and a quad! Any plan equipped like that must be a good plan.
This thread is the best ever and somehow is only getting better. Amazing

Old 04-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DuneDragin
kick it Specta! I've put off my follow-up scans that were 6 months due in Jan. best of the best luck to you. Gotta love showing up with a camper and a quad! Any plan equipped like that must be a good plan.
This thread is the best ever and somehow is only getting better. Amazing
Thank you

First followup scans were back in early Jan - clean.

This is the 2nd followup and they will be clean too.

One more in another 3-4 months and then 1 year later and then not for 5 years.

I kicked its *** for 5 years.

I'm not a survivor. I am a cancer killing machine.

Just a short story.

A few weeks ago I served lunch to everyone who works in the clinic at the Huntsman Cancer Institute where I was treated for the last 5 years just to tell them how much I truly appreciate every one of them. There were about 50 people total.

One of the best days I ever had at Huntsman was the day these two amazing friends told me that my immune system had broken thru the outer barrier of the tumor the size of a kiwi that was in my lung and was killing it. This was the tumor that had spread cancer to my brain, a cracked rib, pelvis and one of my adrenal glands.

Just by coincidence I wore a pair of Groucho Marx glasses just for fun.

Dr Grossmann thought it was hilarious - only to find out that he has all of Groucho Marx's movies and can probably quote every line he ever used.

So on "Clinic 2D's Appreciation Day" I brought more glasses and asked Dr Grossmann and Carolyn, his MSN APRN to join me in a picture. They LOVED it.

Carolyn wears one of my very favorite smiles.

One of my visits wasn't going soo well and I actually getting irritated and started developing a very negative attitude and was starting to get a pretty pissy.

Carolyn got right in my face, she didn't hesitate for even one second to tell me what I needed to hear.

You have no idea just how much I love these people.

They are Angels dressed as people sent here to help those of us who need help.

And yes, I've been surrounded and touched by Angels.

That evening my daughters and I had a DDN, Daddy Daughter Night.

My daughter standing on my left flew in from OR to help with the luncheon

My daughter on my right, her husband runs an Italian restaurant and prepared the lasagna, garlic bread and salad lunch.

It was an awesome day. I got to thank and hug a whole lot of people.

We should probably get back to ATVs shouldn't we?

Old 04-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
We should probably get back to ATVs shouldn't we?
No need as that is a very cool story!!!

Quick Reply: Paiute Trail, Utah