Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Winter ride in Warren, NH

Old 03-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Winter ride in Warren, NH

Buddy Paul and I had a chance to ride the trails in and around Warren, NH. They allow snowmobiles and ATV's on the trails only in the wintertime.
Pemigewasset River south of Lincoln, NH

Buddy, Paul and quads by the Pemi.

Stuck in softer snow trying to get around tree beavers cut down.

Easy to narrow down the suspects.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Ice fromations south of Warren, NH.

Quads and ice.

Buddy spotted these raccoons trying to hide from us. They were in a 4" high crack below waist level and difficult to see. I wouldn't have seen them if he didn't point them out.

More ice. I liked the varying colors.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good pics Moose. I wish my friends would ride quads in the winter but most of them have snowmobiles. I quit going alone a long time ago.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Good pics Moose. I wish my friends would ride quads in the winter but most of them have snowmobiles. I quit going alone a long time ago.
Only have one friend with a sled. Don't have the money for both so it's quads. We can ride all but "mud season" which is pretty much mid-March to mid-to late-May.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful pics Moose. We don't ride much in the winter either. No fun getting stuck every 50' LOL. That's the type of snow we have here.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by NLWarrior01
Beautiful pics Moose. We don't ride much in the winter either. No fun getting stuck every 50' LOL. That's the type of snow we have here.
We get stuck too. It's too easy to catch one of the front tires in the soft snow towards the edge of the packed trail. Couple weeks before this trip we got stuck pretty good and had to winch out of waist deep snow.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't ride on groomed snowmobile trails here unless there's a sign that specifically indicates that ATVs are allowed. I used to love it when there was about a foot of snow on the ATV trail with no tracks on it. The ruts are all filled in and I found the ride to be a lot smoother than summer time. It's a special feeling being the first one through when you seem to have the whole trail to yourself.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Maine doesn't allow it unless you put tracks on your ATV and register as a snowmobile. NH is the same way about the tracks on an ATV. There are a handful of trail systems NH where the rule is basically, there must be at least 6" of snow on the ground, and when you ride it has to be below freezing so you don't break through and create ruts.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting findings during winter and spring coming, nice adventure Moose. Should interesting too to see the ecosystem when all is green during summer.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:07 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the same here, no ATVs on groomed sled trails. Can,t blame them since the groomers are expensive machines and they pay the operators.

The snowmobilers also pay a $200 season trail fee, unlike ATVers who use the same trails for free after the sled season is over ,which is soon BTW.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Winter ride in Warren, NH