Farming, Beef, Dairy, Insect, Equipment, ETC. Discussion on farming, beef, dairy, insect, equipment, etc

ATV and truck snow plow, why not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 04:53 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV and truck snow plow, why not?

If you have a good-sized drive way and you live somewhere that does get snow, it might be a good idea to get a removable snow plow for your ATV or truck and forget about a shovel and tons of snow.
In our new article we enclose all details and features of pickup truck snow plows, Check it out here:
An Affordable Snow Plow For Those Who Need It

Old 07-25-2015, 06:48 AM
Trailblazer

Keep updating similar kind of posts in future....!!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:34 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

ATV and truck snow plow, why not?
Same reason a ATV should not pull a 26ft 5th wheel trailer, weight.

2013 ATV and UTV Snow Plow Buyer's Guide | ATV Illustrated

Size Matters

With snow surely on the way, it’s time to get your snow removal plan in high gear. Plows should be selected based on your ATV or UTV. Most UTVs are approximately 60 inches wide and will require a blade in the 60 to 72 inch range. ATVs are no wider than 50 inches and for machines under 450cc, we generally recommend a 50 inch blade, while larger displacement machines can usually push a 60 inch blade with no problem. The second factor to consider is blade height and most blades range from 16 to 24 inches high. Short blades push easier thanks to less surface area, but larger machines can handle the extra load and higher capacity of taller blades.

Tire size and tread also play a factor in plowing, but as long as your tires are in good shape and you have enough traction, most stock tires will get the job done. A more aggressive tread pattern won’t hurt you, but never go overboard on tire size or with a super aggressive tread which can pop CV joints. For the ultimate plowing machine, tracks really complete the package, but plow manufacturers will be happy to recommend a plow that will work great on your machine

Old 07-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use a shovel, its cheaper and a good workout.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Having shoveled, used a snowblower, and a plow on my quad, I'd say I enjoy using the plow the most. We had another crazy winter here in New England and boy the plowing sure helped out.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My first choice is an ATV plow too. A snow blower would be second choice and shoveling last. But this past winter was different. I shoveled the sidewalks several times and only plowed the driveway once. I normally do it all with the plow.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
Use a shovel, its cheaper and a good workout.
This was not meant to be a serious response. It doesn't snow that much here so buying a plow would just be a waste of money. It would rust out before it got worn out.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Of course in some states a snow plow is useless, however in the places where it actually snows a lot - snow plow is quite a useful thing to have. Work out this way is great, but often you just have to care about doing it very fast and save time.

By the way, we will be glad to provide some discounts for the forum members in case you want to prepare for winter
Let me know and I will provide you with a quote!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
This was not meant to be a serious response. It doesn't snow that much here so buying a plow would just be a waste of money. It would rust out before it got worn out.
Thought you were maybe a health nut commando type for a second there.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Thought you were maybe a health nut commando type for a second there.
Maybe rewind about 10 years and that might have been the case lol. I can't imagine trying to do a lot of shoveling by hand now though. I don't have much of a driveway myself so when it does infrequently snow here the 30 ft or so I need to clear off can easily be done by hand. Honestly a tractor is a better choice than either of them for clearing snow. That's what most people use around here.

Quick Reply: ATV and truck snow plow, why not?