Fishing! Salt & Fresh Water. Tackle, Bait. Discuss fishing tips, tricks and techniques.

Northern VT Ice Fishing

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only snow we have seen in Rhode island so far was in October! Quite different from last winter, I kept my boat on the water until last weekend this year! I'd really like to see some this year! Got a brand new snowblower in september, It's just waiting (figures because last year all I had was a shovel!) haha.

Keep those pics coming, they're awesome!

Mike

Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Highgate only has 6" of snow??? Wow. We've had a snow drought here too. Nothing on the ground in the Lowell, MA area.
Yeah only 6"!! We are in a serious snow drought. Go figure, last year we got hammered with storm after storm and I shoveled by hand. Now that I have the quad I've taken it out twice to plow and the first time there wasnt really enough to say so. I figured I might as well go out and play with it. The 6" is the most I've plowed with it. It was actually fun.

Originally Posted by MiZZiE
Only snow we have seen in Rhode island so far was in October! Quite different from last winter, I kept my boat on the water until last weekend this year! I'd really like to see some this year! Got a brand new snowblower in september, It's just waiting (figures because last year all I had was a shovel!) haha.

Keep those pics coming, they're awesome!

Mike

I do plan on posting more pics as I go out. Ill be out there next weekend seeming Im now feeling better. I know how you feel, buy a new toy to clear the driveway off it doesnt snow! ha ha

Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Fished Lake Champlain this past weekend. I ranged from 10'-15". Caught about 50 decent perch and put about 15 miles on my quad. Theres about an inch of snow on the ice which makes it perfect for traction. As for snow though, still lacking it. Its actually pouring out right now and is 40 degrees!

Looking across St. Albans Bay.
Name:  IMG_2087.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  23.4 KB

A local guy likes to fly.
Name:  IMG_2086.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  22.9 KB

After coming off the ice I stopped at my buddies pub along the lake to catch some of the Patriots/Ravens game. The quad is dirty from trailering it in the slush and road grime. Seeming its so warm out I gave it a bath tonight.
Name:  IMG_2089.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  215.7 KB

Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

The ice ranged 10"-15". Not 10 feet like in my previous post lol

Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

Awesome pics again! I especially like the one of your ATV parked at the pub! I wish I lived in such a town where you can ride your ATV down the road to the local pub to catch the game and a bite to eat haha.. In RI we can't even ride on trails yet alone around town! I do a lot of camping in Maine and NH throughout the year and I think a winter seasonal camp site up north is in order within the next few years. Great pics looks like fun... We need fish pics too!

Mike

Old 01-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Awesome pics again! I especially like the one of your ATV parked at the pub! I wish I lived in such a town where you can ride your ATV down the road to the local pub to catch the game and a bite to eat haha.. In RI we can't even ride on trails yet alone around town! I do a lot of camping in Maine and NH throughout the year and I think a winter seasonal camp site up north is in order within the next few years. Great pics looks like fun... We need fish pics too!

Mike
This is a decent place with no taxes. I believe it's in an unincorporated township. It is right on the Success trails that lead into Berlin and, from there, to Jericho Lake ATV Park. If I had the money I'd buy it.

100 Success Road, Success NH 03570 | 2 bed 1 bath $64,900 | MLS# 4085990 | Bean Group

Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Mike
Thanks! Yeah it is pretty nice to be able to ride down the road without being bothered by the cops. We have trails up here that local ATV clubs and the state of Vermont manage called VASA (Vermont All Terrain Vehicle Sportsman Asscociation) Pics of those rides will come this summer. Next time I catch some fish Ill make sure I take pics!!

Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Here are a couple pretty cool shots from Lake Champlain today. The ice looks and was pretty crappy because of warm weather and rain. There's a foot of ice but on top of it is a couple inches of water and slush. I did notice though as we were leaving the ice it was starting to freeze up more. Didn't take any pics of the fish because all I could come up with was a 4" perch. Pretty quiet day out there but it was fun. The pics are looking west towards New York. The Adirondack Mountains are in the background.
Name:  f918186b.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  35c82f5c.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  90.2 KB

Old 01-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In that light it looks like tire tracks in wet sand.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Range Rover

Real nice pictures and beautiful country. Know what you mean about the ice. I normally ice fish most every day for 3 months but this year its been just this last 7 days and the day temps 40 with tomorrow 50. No 4 wheelers here. Be careful.

Quick Reply: Northern VT Ice Fishing