General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Solenoid help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Solenoid help?

my parents have an E-ton Yukon Cxl 150, im not sure what year it is. They got the four wheeler through part of a trade through a horse. I looked it up and it looks exactly like the 2009 models, but of course it isnt. They've had it for bout 3 years now.

The four wheeler had been sitting for awhile now so the battery was dead, we replaced that and it wouldnt start. We cleaned out the carbs finally started and ran ok, it would die every now and then and take a bit to get it started again. I ran it through alittle surface mud, nuthin hardcore and it died eventually and woudnt start. Before, the engine would try to turn over and eventually would. Now when I try to start it, the SOLENOID from the battery to the starter makes a clicking noise.

I just wanted to know if there was anyway of fixing this problem without buying a new SOLENOID?

If not, then does anyone know a good website to pick one of those up?
ive looked all over and couldnt find anything

im guessing that the newer models are transferable with parts with the old ones

thanks,

Jesse D.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

do ya got a test light or a voltmeter? I would see if voltage is getting past the solenoid before buying a new one as this one seems to click. If you have neither, you should be able to jump the solenoid's two posts with a thick piece of wire to get the starter to go. Maybe its not the solenoid, but the starter. You can crank it too long and it will get overheated and stop working altogether.

Otherwise a solenoid off ebay, used.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:02 AM
Trailblazer

I am unfamiliar with this paticular machine but if the solenoid is not part of the starter, you can use any automotive version such as the older ford fender mounted type. You will just have to find room for it.

As for the clicking from the current solenoid, this may be a number of things.

a) The starter could be "Dragging" and drawing too much current from the battery. To check this, bypass the solenoid as described by the previous poster.

b) The battery could be low or bad.

c) Dirty connections from the battery to the starter. Clean them.

Jim