General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Utility Beadlocks, who runs them?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utility Beadlocks, who runs them?

I recently have got into ATV trail riding and enjoy it thoroughly now but there's one thing that's been bothering me: Why don't people run beadlocks and air down their tires? I've always been into 4 wheeling and wheeled my k5 blazer for a long time that had beadlocks along with most people that wheel frequently. And I don't understand why people don't do it on ATVS? I know on a full size truck, aired down tires get substantially better traction and i figure the same would be true with a ATV. I just bought a Foreman 500 and was browsing beadlocks and only found some expense carbon fiber ones that look good but at $249 a wheel, it's a little expense. Anybody got a line on some good beadlocks.

I know beadlocks will add weight which will increase your rotating mass but with the weight of a beadlock centered closer to the hub than say a heavy tire, but that's about the only thing I can come up with for why beadlocks aren't run on utility ATVs. (I know people run them on the sport class ATVs)