General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Longest ATV Trail in US

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
thousands of miles worth of trails in northern new england (maine, nh, vt)
I think the Sunrise Trail club is working on a continous trail from Maine to florida using rail beds- don't know what the status is though-

Sunrise Trail Coalition Home

-
I've heard that there's a way to get from the Sunrise trails, to the northern Maine trails. Slowly clubs are connecting to other clubs trails, which means the contiguous trail length keeps getting longer. Be pretty cool to ride from southern Maine to northern Maine entirely on ATV trails.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:56 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancher247
I've heard that there's a way to get from the Sunrise trails, to the northern Maine trails. Slowly clubs are connecting to other clubs trails, which means the contiguous trail length keeps getting longer. Be pretty cool to ride from southern Maine to northern Maine entirely on ATV trails.
I thought that was already possible...

but ya- you're right, the northern NE trail system is an amazing system and growing everyday-

imagine an appalachian trail for atv's, from VA to ME I get all giddy thinking about it!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imagine an Appalachian trail for ATVs, from VA to ME I get all giddy thinking about it!
If we are going to move toward the dream trail side of things....I'd like to put in my 2cents. A Continental Divide ATV trail. There is already a trial for hikers. One for ATVs would be sweet!!!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I think Maine is pretty well connected right now going up the west side all the way to the Canadian border and going up the center to Moosehead and then west over to the western trails that go up to the border. The eastern side goes up just about all the way to the top of Maine but the western and eastern sides are not joined above Moosehead Lake. This is a map you can get from the state of Maine to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/progr...-SOMATVMap.pdf This map doesn't really cover all the local club trails that are getting interconnected yet. But, it shows you that they are headed in the right direction rider-wise.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ya really looking for the longest trail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "Continental Divide Trail" , it runs from Canada to Mexico.

Some parts of it, at this time cannot be run unless you are street legal and other parts of it are still being opened. Check with the Wyoming state trails department for maps of opening dates.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

I thought that was already possible...

but ya- you're right, the northern NE trail system is an amazing system and growing everyday-

imagine an appalachian trail for atv's, from VA to ME I get all giddy thinking about it!
It may be, I know a guy on another forum was talking about, and how he knows how they connect, but I have yet to hear of anyone who has actually done it. When you go from one trail system to another it can get tough to find all the right maps, I know that often having a local knowledgeable about the trails is a huge help when signage is lacking.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Longest trail??

The longest trail system is probably the Paiute Trail System in Utah. The riding is quite diversified as well. You can get a lot of informaiton about it on the internet.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kroorda
The longest trail system is probably the Paiute Trail System in Utah. The riding is quite diversified as well. You can get a lot of informaiton about it on the internet.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Maine had the most "atv" trails at over 3000 miles worth- I could be wrong tho...

Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alaska has some of the longest trails in the world. They are just not quite as user friendly as some of the other states!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default quebec

Just watched Destination Polaris, Quebec has over 20k miles of trails, mostly logging roads but some technical. If you caught the episode, there was a camping area with cabins that had 4k available from their backdoor. I've ridden Ontario, lots of snowmobile trails, smooth and sandy, with logging roads. We did a round trip to Lower Goose Falls and back, over 200 miles and made it back for supper. If you want to see some real perty country, check it out.

Quick Reply: Longest ATV Trail in US