General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Where is your ATV made?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 01:29 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Moose, your Nissan was "assembled" in the USA with parts imported from Japan.
Some Ford trucks are "assembled' in Canada.
The difference being, that all profit from the sale of Nissan trucks goes to Japan and the profit from Fords goes to Ford in the USA.
Same goes for Japanese quads assembled in the USA.
I'll buy a Ford. As for the other bailout motor companies, they lost my business. Interesting they had to borrow so much, but could pay it back so soon and still boast of a profit. Seems like that money was there all the time.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My best friend still works in our city building Chevy trucks. Some of the people I used to work with moved to a different city in Michigan and are building Chevy trucks where both of mine were built. If I can ever afford to get a new truck I'll buy another Chevy that my ex-coworkers build and I'll get an employee discount.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by scootergptx
I'll buy a Ford. As for the other bailout motor companies, they lost my business. Interesting they had to borrow so much, but could pay it back so soon and still boast of a profit. Seems like that money was there all the time.

Back in the 80's I was screwed over terribly by Ford and swore I would never buy another. It seems no matter who you buy from it is becoming a crapshoot as to whether you will be treated fairly. My issue with Ford was my new car developed an engine knock and a loud enough noise that people at traffic lights would tell me to check my oil it was knocking so loud. Ford claimed it was normal. After 6 months of arguing they replaced the engine, then it happened again after another 3000 miles. I total my new car had 3 new engines, 1 transmission and 1 rear end replacement inside of 15 months and I had to go to arbitration for each problem. When I traded the car in ( 2 yrs old) the engine was knocking again so I lost money on the trade but just wanted the headache gone.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Moto Psycho

My dad told me about a 4x4 Ford pickup he had a long time ago that had something wrong with the front hubs. He took it to the dealer and when they took off the outer cover part of one of the hubs all the internal parts fell out on the floor. That was his last Ford.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All 3 of my Arctic Cats made in USA, but the diesel motor is made by Kohler in Italy. My 2005 Ram was built in the USA, but my 2005 Dodge Magnum RT was built in Brampton, Ontario. I was actually invited up to the factory for a plant tour to watch it being made! Now my Ram has 255,000 miles and the wagon has 345,000 miles. First "American vehicles" I'd owned since a 66 Mustang. Even more reliable than the Toyota Camrys and Tacomas I drove prior. I can tell you why Chrysler went bankrupt: The Germans sucked all the money out of the company. At least Fiat seems to be trying. Personally, I'd buy anything made in the USA and Canada first and Mexico as we are neighbors. It's hard not to buy Chinese stuff, but if possible, I won't buy from a country that has it's nukes aimed at us. As I type this on my Apple, haha.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's getting hard to figure out what is made here and what's made elsewhere. Our Canadian Can-Ams were made in Mexico. Son's Renegade 500 had 0 issues with anything other than a plastic tab breaking off the bodywork. I had 3 small issues that got taken care of under warranty. I think crap-shoot sums it up pretty well.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Lets face it folks, no vehicle is 100% American made anymore. While some body panels or frame sections or a motor might be made in the US look at all the extra parts made in foreign countries and sent here for assembly so we can call it American made. Heck GM just admitted in a big news conference that they were proud of the fact the 85% of their cars are produced outside the US but all these components are brought in this country for assembly so they can have what they refer to as a !00% American built vehicle!! A lot of our atv's and utv's have plants here in the US but are doing the same thing, they are bringing in many of the components from other countries to be assembled here. Yep they are all guilty of it so I no longer feel the least bit guilty of buying a foreign product even though I do try to find US made. Artic Cat, Suzuki, Kawaski just to name a few buy many of their engines and drive trains from Kymco in Tiwain. But they all want to sell you on the fact that their machines are made in USA. Do your research and buy what looks right for the job you need it to do and quit worrying about where it is made as much of it is a lie anyway!!

Old 03-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Weird auto we have..Wifes' Saturn has a Honda 3.5 v6 made in Marion Ohio that was originally used in the Pilot and Acura Mdx.Gm made a swap with Honda for GMs 1.8 diesel engines for Chinese cars. Swap only lasted for 3 years. 2005,2006 and 2007. The body,frame was made in Springhill Tennesee. Plant was shut down after 2007 for awhile and now making Cadillacs and Acadias. Engine is fantastic,plastic body panels resist dents and scratches,but noisy. I won't have to look for another even if I wanted to since they are out of production same as the Pontiac and Oldsmobile.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Back in the 80's I was screwed over terribly by Ford and swore I would never buy another. It seems no matter who you buy from it is becoming a crapshoot as to whether you will be treated fairly. My issue with Ford was my new car developed an engine knock and a loud enough noise that people at traffic lights would tell me to check my oil it was knocking so loud. Ford claimed it was normal. After 6 months of arguing they replaced the engine, then it happened again after another 3000 miles. I total my new car had 3 new engines, 1 transmission and 1 rear end replacement inside of 15 months and I had to go to arbitration for each problem. When I traded the car in ( 2 yrs old) the engine was knocking again so I lost money on the trade but just wanted the headache gone.

Here at work we had 3 brand new Toyota SUV's. All three had major issues with less that 1,000 kilometers. One had the engine replaced, one had the tranny replaced, and one had major electrical issues.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I took a look at that site. Norton Safe Web gave it a red X and said there are 66 different threats to your computer. Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - report for atvtv.com
There's no problem with atvtv.com now. All 66 threats are gone. Norton Safe Web now says:

Norton Rating
Norton Safe Web has analyzed atvtv.com for safety and security problems.
Summary
Norton Safe Web found no issues with this site.
Computer Threats: 0
Identity Threats: 0
Annoyance factors: 0
Total threats on this site: 0

Quick Reply: Where is your ATV made?