General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

New Hampshire riding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hampshire riding?

Can someone please clear this up for me? Is it illegal to ride 2 up on a ATV in Maine or NH? I understand it is not illegal to ride with a passenger on a touring edition (2 up) ATV, but what about on a standard utility ATV such as a Polaris 850XP? I have received several different opinions and supposedly it varies dependent upon the game warden. Looking to plan a trip with the wife but don't want to waste time or money. Thanks

Old 04-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Bambusa999
Can someone please clear this up for me? Is it illegal to ride 2 up on a ATV in Maine or NH? I understand it is not illegal to ride with a passenger on a touring edition (2 up) ATV, but what about on a standard utility ATV such as a Polaris 850XP? I have received several different opinions and supposedly it varies dependent upon the game warden. Looking to plan a trip with the wife but don't want to waste time or money. Thanks
I've never seen anyone stopped with a one rider machine with someone on the back. There are special events like the Mt. Washington ride where the state of NH requires a 2-up machine for 2 riders. Other than special events I can't think of a time I've seen anyone mention it. I do a lot of riding in ME, and NH.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:58 PM
blp
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Moosehenden, do you have any recommendations on places to ride in southern New Hampshire? I'm going to be registering my ATV in New Hampshire and am in CT but as you may know CT isn't a very atv friendly state to ride in but don't want to drive very far over the border of NH. Also my friend has a place up by Bridgeton, Maine.... Do you know of any places to ride up there as well? Thanks in advance!

Old 04-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by blp
Hey Moosehenden, do you have any recommendations on places to ride in southern New Hampshire? I'm going to be registering my ATV in New Hampshire and am in CT but as you may know CT isn't a very atv friendly state to ride in but don't want to drive very far over the border of NH. Also my friend has a place up by Bridgeton, Maine.... Do you know of any places to ride up there as well? Thanks in advance!
Little Monadnock Family Trails is about as far south as you can go in NH. https://www.lmftnh.com/ They are also on Facebook. Trails are pretty well signed and a good mix of conditions. Been there a few times and enjoyed it. I spend most of my riding time in Maine now as a lot of NH trails are about the same distance for me as So. Maine.