General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

2007 kawasaki bayou 250

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 kawasaki bayou 250

So here is the problem . I recently purchased a 2007 kawasaki bayou 250 . I only payed 550$ for it because it needed some work . The day i got it home it ran fine all day long and the day after that . Then the next day i went to start it and it would bog down when given throttle . I have checked valve clearance , timing chain , drained tank flushed and put new gas in , and gone through the carb about 3 times and soaked it for about 2 hours . What im not getting is the fact that it starts up revs fine for about 10 seconds then starts bogging with any throttle this pattern repeats every time i shut it off and start it back up . Keep in mind it does smoke a bit so i didnt know if it might be low compression . I'm very mechanically inclined so any suggestion is help full .

Old 01-25-2023, 12:27 PM
nny
Trailblazer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What happens when you pull the choke?

Old 04-21-2023, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Smile I'm very mechanically inclined so any suggestion is help full .

Originally Posted by Sjrpp
So here is the problem . I recently purchased a 2007 kawasaki bayou 250 . I only payed 550$ for it because it needed some work . The day i got it home it ran fine all day long and the day after that . Then the next day i went to start it and it would bog down when given throttle . I have checked valve clearance , timing chain , drained tank flushed and put new gas in , and gone through the carb about 3 times and soaked it for about 2 hours . What im not getting is the fact that it starts up revs fine for about 10 seconds then starts bogging with any throttle this pattern repeats every time i shut it off and start it back up . Keep in mind it does smoke a bit so i didnt know if it might be low compression . I'm very mechanically inclined so any suggestion is help full .
I know this is a really old post but here is what you can do..... So what I recommend is checking your choke because sometimes it might not want to work with you on that also there are a couple other things you can do that I ran into. so first your gonna want to adjust your needle in your carb because it could not be getting enough gas into the cylinder, to do that open up the top of the carb and pull out the throttle body and then pull the need out and the little pin that you see your gonna want to lower it like 1 or 2 maybe even 3 notches then put it back together. if this some how does not work your gonna want to check your idle screw and if that fails then check your float and makes sure to lower it down so that more gas gets in the carb. hope this helps happy machining!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2023, 02:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

First thing you do with a bike that isn't running right is check and change the plug. With a bike that smokes a lot it may well have fouled the plug. If a bike runs fine one day and not the next, it is not going to need any adjusters changing in the carb. It may have got dirt in, but get the dirt out and it will run fine again. Altering mixtures just masks the problem which will get worse, or clear and the mixture will then be out because you have altered it.

Old 05-01-2023, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello, thank you for your message it helped me!

Old 05-02-2023, 03:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

well heck you are right, I did kind of overthink it a bit it would be the plug because that has happened to my Kawasaki Bayou.